Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray gpu 6 feedback

Hi Konstantin and Peter Chauchev

I Would like to express my self what i have seen in vray gpu 6.

there are issues With vray gpu 6.

if i upgrade my licence from 5 to 6... What are the advantages for vray gpu... i almost dont see What kind of benefit i could get With the upgrade.

Vram issues are still a big problem... right now im purchasing some ferns from globe plants, i bought some dead trees from turbosquid...amazing stuff.

But even With 2 2080 ti With nvlink is a big problem increasing the size of the house, With vray 5 gpu and vray 6 gpu is the same.

Im Still suffering with the vram, is really Hard to see That if you want a beautiful and amazing garden is not posible With vray gpu...bacause the vram.

There is no sense to buy for example a old tree with nice texture because when i put this dead tree in my model vray gpu is going to crash

Right now is even worst because the rtx engine is taking more vram than cuda...so the speed with rtx is gone because is Still taking too much vram and i really feel rtx an unstable engine.

What im going to find with vray 6...??? Just Acescg and better reflections, i have a really nice hdri So clouds are not very important to me.

distance texture does not work with skatter

I dont use enscape

Resumable rendering is great but i dont see too much things.

The speed is the same than vray 5...

spending almost 1000 dollars for just an upgrade that offers a lot for vray but not for vray gpu i believe is not fair... with this money i can get a 3090 gpu card and feel free to increase the size of the proyect and render faster.

there are a lot of things from vray gpu that are really leaving behind... i really hate that... i really dont like how things are going with vray gpu...

So if i see a big change with vray gpu 6 well i can pay the upgrade but for a vray gpu user this upgrade is not for me

Sorry to say that, but is the truth.

I really hope... a total effort for vray gpu and bring really essential things... like the composite in the VFB with RE with glass material, the vram issues and the rtx engine inestability

Thanks
    Best regards Luis Gamino

Last edited by luisgamino2; 28-10-2022, 07:41 AM.

Im Still suffering with the vram, is really Hard to see That if you want a beautiful and amazing garden is not posible With vray gpu...bacause the vram.
    I agree that the vram restrictions are a major limitation if you want to do GPU rendering.
    Keep in mind that we have a lot of memory optimizations in the making right now but there is no ideal solution.
    The Out-of-core will gradually get better but we can never go around the hardware memory limit completely without affecting the rendering performance.

As far as the other features and improvements are concerned - they were all based on our customers needs and requests.
    I understand that different people need different things but there is just so much you can fit in a single update.

Konstantin

Comment

Hi Konstantin

I just saw the amazing work of chaos cosmos team... really amazing that you bring to us the new trees that are from cgaxis.

i really liked 5 or 6 trees and if you change a bit the color of material they really look nice.

When im talking about the vram issues what i mean is give us the posibility to reduce at least 2 gb of vram.

I know vray gpu team cant make magic and is not easy to reduce the vram... but what about 2 gb of vram.

With 2 gb of vram we can use more trees, more and better textures and more furniture.

I just opened the chaos cosmos yesterday and i saw the New trees from cgaxis... What a nice surprise Konstantin!!!

So this is crucial because i cant use these amazing trees and the max trees and some from globeplants that i want to purchase.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X