V-Ray saving four files for every frame when rendering frames for animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray saving four files for every frame when rendering frames for animation

I'm trying to render still-frames to stitch together into basic animations. I have it set up via Scenes, so that the camera moves through the model accordingly.

However, in the export folder, I'm seeing four files for each frame once it's done. Screenshot attached.
    1. Is there a reason for this?
    2. What do I do with each of the files?
    3. Is there a way to make it only save one file, and will this speed up rendering?
    Thank you!

Question 2 You need to use Chaos Player In different tracks, view all frames.Modify together。

Comment

Hi stephanie_cervi​,

1. Is there a reason for this?
      The reason for the additional files is the Denoiser.
      V-Ray automatically adds multiple Render Elements needed for denoising when you have this feature enabled.
      Each render element is then automatically saved out by V-Ray to a file.

1. What do I do with each of the files?
      If you want to use the Denoised image sequence then the effectsResult frames are the ones you wanna keep.
      As wzfwzfwzf​ mentioned you can load the effectsResult​ sequence in any sequence player and potentially export a video.

1. Is there a way to make it only save one file, and will this speed up rendering?
      There is currently no way for this behavior to be disabled.
      However, I'll log a improvement request in our bug-tracking system for it and the dev team will revisit the topic.
      Note that the rendering speed is not affected by the additional render elements.

Regards,
      Konstantin

Comment

Working...
      X