Is it me......fewer materials !?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me......fewer materials !?

Am I imagining it that after paying a HUGE increase in cost to upgrade from Vray 5 to 6, that as materials moved over to Cosmos there are far fewer of them!?!?
    Personally I hate that materials are part of cosmos now and there are sections that have barely any now.

Agreed. Huge disapointment. Fewer materials not to mention that after updating to the latest version, all of my directories have changed so now I have to repath or recreate the material(s) entirely.

Comment

Hello jason_cafferty and Red333,

Material Library in the Cosmos Browser can be found in the Collections > V-Ray Material Library. You can see the count of the materials and the Download All button is available for collections.
      Make sure that you are using the latest version of V-Ray 6 and that Cosmos Browser is up to date as well.

If you can give an example of some specific materials that you are not able to find please let us know.
      Apart from that you can send us a request for the asset or material directly from Cosmos Browser.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cosmos_browser_matlib.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	1172356 Click image for larger version

Name:	Cosmos_browser_request.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1172355
      Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Where are the 3rd Party vendor materials that were previously include in the cosmos browser? I can find the materials that were previously included at the Vray Material library but not the 3rd party materials. Also, what can I do about the repathing of the directories from older files?

Comment

Hello - Any update on the question above?

Comment

Hello Red333,

Regarding the re-pathing of the materials:
            If you have updated V-Ray 5 to V-Ray 6 on your machine the Material Library included in the V-Ray 5 remains locally available in the default folder (or the one you have specified) so any older scene you open would automatically find the locations for the textures (if the folder was not moved or deleted).

Default folder location is:
            Windows: %UserProfile%\Documents\V-Ray Material Library
            macOS: ~/Library/Application\ Support/ChaosGroup/V-Ray\ Material\ Library

If you need to share your scene with another user or move it to another machine best would be to archive your scene with the Pack Project tool to avoid losing any assets and textures.

In case you experience some issues let us know and share what exactly is not working as it should.

As for the Vendors and Brands:
            You can find the list of all the assets and materials Creators in the Cosmos Browser. Please see the attachment.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Cosmos_browser_creators.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.5 KB ID:	1172706
            Last edited by natalia.gruzdova; 10-02-2023, 05:05 AM.
            Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X