Enscape Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enscape Compatibility

What is the expected effect of the "Enscape Compatibility" feature in Extensions > V-Ray > Preferences > Enscape Compatibility? What should happen when I turn it off? I'm asking because when it is turn off the "Edit in V-Ray" button in the Asset Editor still shows up, and if e.g. a material has some Enscape keywords like "metal", "emissive" V-Ray gives them the appropriate properties.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	179
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	1173850

Hello dawid_mkinia ,

Thank you for writing us.

I tested a bit with disabled "Enscape compatibility". I see that after converting a material with an Enscape keyword to V-Ray (by the Edit in V-Ray button) - the keyword material properties are taken into account in the V-Ray renderings, which is incorrect. The same is with the Enscape materials - after the conversion to V-Ray all the Enscape material properties suddenly appear.
    I logged the issue in our bug tracking system. This is so far the only issue I see.

When the "Enscape compatibility" option is on - the Enscape materials, keywords, assets and lights will be rendered by V-Ray.
    When the option is disabled - the Enscape lights and assets will not appear in the V-Ray rendering and as for the Enscape materials - only their SketchUp "counterparts" will be rendered, meaning that only the main color (texture) and opacity will be taken into account by V-Ray. Keywords are also disregarded when the option is off.

Kind regards,
    Iva
    Last edited by iva_mancheva; 27-02-2023, 01:14 PM.
    Iva Mancheva
    V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X