Vray For Sketcup Render is giving out halo border around objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray For Sketcup Render is giving out halo border around objects

I am rendering a scene where I am having the following issues: a) the sunlight comes out very light in colour (Settings attached) Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	261
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1177207

, b) the render output comes out with a halo around certain objects (Attached image)
    Attached Files

Hello olaf_magri,
    Thank you for the screenshots.

Would it be possible to share this project with us for further investigation? If this is alright please open a ticket and upload archived scene using this submit request form. Please make sure to use Pack Project Tool to avoid losing any assets (Extensions>V-Ray>Pack Project).

Additionally please share:
    • Your current V-Ray version (Extensions>V-Ray>Help>About).
    • What render engine are you using: CPU, CUDA or RTX?

Thank you in advance.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

natalia.gruzdova thank you for reaching out, and I apologise for getting back now. I managed to solve the problem as I went over the materials that I was having a problem with,(in this case the wood texture) and it turned out that my directory path was changed and I had to re-link the texture. Thank you once again.

Comment

Thank you olaf_magri for letting us know what the issue was!

the sunlight comes out very light in colour
        I have also tried to reproduce your Sun settings in a new scene with default Exposure and the render result is following:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1177206_sun.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	329.9 KB
ID:	1177706

My take is that perhaps glass material is making the background dimmer, to test it you could either hide windows or replace glass material with some other glass (for example from Cosmos Browser) and use render region to see if there is any difference.

Or there are some other settings that are affecting background that I am unaware of (like for example some specific post-production layers in the VFB)
        Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X