Cancel Batch Render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancel Batch Render

Is there a way to cancel a batch render in the exporting stage? I have run into this before. I start a batch render with a large number of scenes. I notice an issue and need to change something in the model. However, I can't stop the batch process. I have to wait until all of the scenes process before I can cancel the render. This can take a long time when there are a lot of scenes. Really a pain.Thanks for any feedback.

Dear jkollars66,​ hello.

Please define which one from the following options you have chosen for the process:
    • Render
    • Export VRScene
    • Render and Export VRScene
    Have you tried aborting the process from the VFB?
    Also there is an additional window showing the Abort option:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	474
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	1178922
    There could be a slight delay while the operation is being successfully aborted, but it is possible to stop the process.
    But here the key may be the complexity of the model and the number of scenes - you have mentioned "large number" - could you elaborate how many as an example?

Waiting for your answer.

Best regards,
    TS​
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Hi,
      I click the Batch Render button. It starts exporting the model and that's when I would like to be able to stop the process. Before any rendering actually begins.
      I have about 15 scenes.
      Where do I find the window you have shown?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi again and please accept my sincere apologies for the misunderstanding!
        There was a forum section confusion, the described workflow is showing the Batch Export in V-Ray for Rhino, where the processes are acting differently, yes.

I will discuss with V-Ray for SketchUp team this topic and write back.
        Could you please share, If you look at the lower left corner of the SketchUp window, where the current operations are listed, how many seconds the export takes.
        According to my tests with a complex scene it is around 1-3 seconds, but it also depends on the configuration that you are using.
        This information will help us better understand to what extent any changes will improve your workflow.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

The scenes I'm talking about were taking 30-60 sec to export.

Comment

Thank you for sharing.

Best will be to start Batch rendering when you are sure that all of the scenes are well prepared, but we understand your point.
            You could also perform it in groups by disabling some of the scenes, not rendering all together - unchecking Include in animation option omits the selected scene(s) from being batch rendered.

To ensure is it related to the scene complexity or to the used configuration, please share system specification (OS type and version, CPU, RAM, laptop or desktop computer).
            If you have any concerns about sharing this information at the forum, you could also contact us via our contact form.

Comment

Sometimes you miss things even if you double-check. So, a way to cancel the export process would be appreciated in future releases.

I am on an HP Zbook (Laptop)

Windows Pro 10

Intel processor W-10885M 2.4G

32G RAM

Nvidia Quadro RTX3000

Comment

Hi again,

As previously mentioned, we will consider providing a better solution.
                But at the moment we could not share any possible date of improvement. It is not a simple change, unfortunately.

Please keep in mind the option to perform Batch rendering in smaller groups as pointed out above.

Excuse us for not being able to be more helpful at this point now.

Comment

It would be great if there was a simple dialog box that popped up to say "warning you have 20 saved scene files, are you sure you wish to batch render" or something that effect.
                  As I frequently have many scene files for presenting client options and once you hit that batch render (on accident) it can take a long time for it to finish working through them all that you can actually cancel the render process.

Comment

Working...
                  X