Apply Material to Selection Taking a Long Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply Material to Selection Taking a Long Time

I have an issue where I select a material in my model and in V-ray I right-click a material saved in V-ray and choose apply to selection. It's taking over an hour to replace the material. Anyone know what might be causing this?

Sketchup 2023
    V-ray 6
    Nvidia Quadro RTX3000

Hello jkollars66,

I would like to ask for some additional information regarding the issue you are facing:
    • Do you refer to the changes in the viewport or during Interactive render or for example in V-Ray Vision?
    • If it is Interactive render, please specify what render engine you are using: CPU, CUDA or RTX?
    • Does the issue occur in a specific scene only? Please test the same in a new empty scene. In that regard it would be very helpful if you could send us a video recording of your scene.
    Additionally please share:
    • Exact V-Ray build you have currently installed (a screenshot of About V-Ray for SketchUp window Extensions > V-Ray > Help > About).
    • Your CPU model and available memory (i.e. a screenshot of the System Information tab would be sufficient).
    Waiting for your answer.
    Attached Files
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you jkollars66 for opening a ticket and for sending the video. Let’s continue investigating in the ticket for now.

Comment

I apologize for posting on the topic so late. We have tested several scenarios of applying material to the specified objects, but it does take a lot of time to apply changes both with V-Ray and host material. The issue is reproducible only in this scene and most likely the way how geometry was created and exported through different programs is causing this.

We have tried to come up with different workarounds, but the only one that can be suggested is to change settings of already applied material.

Comment

Working...
        X