Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope to see awesome features for vray 6 gpu update 1

Hi Konstantin

I had decided that im going to upgrade mi licence from vray 5 to vray 6 in perpetual mode, i dont want to buy another expensive work station.

But i took that decition because the amazing update for vray for 3d max and vray for maya vray 6 update 1.

I really liked a lot of things for both softwares like the compressed texture mode in vray gpu ( amazing stuff)

The new skatter option

The new decal with bump and curve geometry

I really liked that.

For example with maya the bump to glossiness looks really nice, we dont do characters here in vray for sketchup.

Is there something similar for vray for sketchup to make look better the barnished Woods?

Vray for sketchup seems the same than 3 months ago it is taking forever the vray 6 hotfix 2.

I really hope amazing features for vray 6 update 1 for sketchup.

I dont want to ask anything since i like surprises and chaos group is very private in this way i understand that point.

But please make the update 1 an awesome update and bring really usefull things.

Also i saw another amazing update for enviroment fog for maya.

Dont forget that vray for sketchup users use this tool.

For vray for sketchup the enviroment fog is at his basis setup, i havent see an effort on this in years, we make spaces Konstantin and i would really like to have a more proffesional enviroment fog, right now is poor tool.

The same goes for depth of field almost dont see any kind of improve on it.

I still really like vray, i dont use other software to represent my spaces, but if im going to spend 1000 dollards i really hope to see a really awesome update that brings really usefull tools not only for vray but for vray gpu too.

Please dont forget your vray gpu users!!!

Thanks again
    Best regards

Luis Gamino

Last edited by luisgamino2; 23-05-2023, 02:46 PM.

Hi Konstantin

I saw the new update vray 6.1

This is my feedback for what i have seen right now

The most important feature for me is the compressed texture

With this i can increase the size of my proyects, use more trees, more textures and more furniture. This is great!!!

But i would like to ask many things

First what is going on with the new vray gpu translucency??

We didnt get that for the first update while for vray for 3d max and maya it is already working with 6.1

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230704_141051~2.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	1185325 both mode directional and uniform we didnt get that and i feel this is very usufull for a better materials.

the support for compositing exteriors spaces with refractive properties as glass material it does not work yet.

The multimatte through glass is very important for architecs and designers.

This is already working for 3d max

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230704_141053~2.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	736.5 KB
ID:	1185326 We need the big tools like this one, even with vray gpu 6 update 1 this is not possible.

The light cache for the IPR with vray gpu is not yet implemented while this is already working with 3d max since vray 5.2 more than 1 year.

We still dont get that with vray gpu 6.1 for sketchup.

So for me the only thing that i really appreciate is the compressed texture mode with vray gpu... But i wonder should i pay 1000 dollards for just 1 great feature...This is my main concern.

The mesh clipper is a good feature but i never use it.

The unsupported features for vray gpu is so long and so frustrating.

I dont know what to say... I was hoping a really usefull things but i just saw the compressed texture mode.

The enviroment fog is in a primitive way in vray for sketchup

Vray vision is the same than 5.2 i didnt see any kind of update about it with vray 6 and vray 6.1

It is a horrible tool to do animations.

Right now Chaos group is developing vray 6.2 and i wonder again what they are going to give us.

The vray gpu enmesh is not that important it is only used in very rare scenarios for small detail or for something that you didnt find the texture and then use the enmesh.

Well vray gpu enmesh is not that important i believe there are more important things like the unsupported features like the diffuse roughness and the caustics.

We need the light cache for the IPR with vray gpu this is very important to see spaces in the Best light possible.

The multimatte through glass is crucial for architects and designers.

The Depth of field needs more work is very slow and i would like to play with it like a render element.

Of couse i saw what vray for max and maya gets and what vray for sketchup and rhyno gets

And it is not the same and they cost the same...i Dont know what to say...

The new decay light and the new things for chaos skater are great...But we didnt get that...It is like maya and max get the Best features while vray for sketchup and rhyno only gets a fraction of the big updates that is for 3d max.

I hope you understand that Konstantin As you already know i always speak with the truth.

Thanks

Last edited by luisgamino2; 04-07-2023, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Another 2 great example

1 the curve in the falloff material has been working for 3d max for years while we never got that and seems a very usefull tool to play with falloff materials like textils.

This is just an example how big is the difference with vray for 3d max and maya and vray for sketchup and rhyno

2. While for vray cpu you already have more control with both 1 edge texture for concave and 1 edge texture for convexe, for vray gpu is only possible to have 1 edge texture.

Sometimes you just need the bump and the normal to recreate some materials. So for vray gpu again i miss a feature that it works already for vray cpu

Vray gpu big updates should be every 3 years since it takes more time to develop great features.

I forgot to mention that i read the new technology with the pathtracing with intel that is half implemented with vray cpu for 3d max...Well we deserve that...With vray for sketchup we should get the same and at the same time

Right now is like should i pay 1000 dollards for just 2 good features? or wait for vray 7 and get a suscription per month to avoid a big purchase and save money.

Something is telling me that caustics and the light cache with vray gpu in IPR is going to be for vray 7 since it takes so much time to develop features for vray gpu.

While vray cpu already have IPR with light cache, caustics and the vray enmesh...With vray gpu we dont have this features.

The same goes for the RTX engine with vray gpu...It has issues that they are not resolved.

Like the use vray fur with vray hair material in a tapestry...So the speed we should get is gone because we still have this issues.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X