Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to create a 3-way lenticular material, or one where the texture changes depending on the viewing angle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to create a 3-way lenticular material, or one where the texture changes depending on the viewing angle?

Is there any way to create a 3-way lenticular material, or one where the texture changes depending on the viewing angle?

I'd like Image A to show when looking from the left, Image B to show when looking from the middle, and Image C to show when looking from the right.

A Falloff texture with Falloff Type = Perpendicular / Parallel and Direction = View X is very close to what I'm looking for, except it forces the textures on the left and right sides to be the same, when I'd like them to be different.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

One way to set this up is with 2 falloff maps:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	159
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	1186086
    The first falloff is connected to the material and has the following configuration:

Views:	150
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	1186087
    The blue Color A of falloff 1 is your middle color/texture - the one you see looking straight at the surface.
    A second foloff map is plugged in Color B.
    It is configured as follows:

Views:	145
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	1186088
    The green color/texture will appear on the left and the red one on the right.
    The only issue with this setup is that you can't control the falloffs - they are always linear.

For finer control you can apply the same logic but use mix maps instead, where the falloff textures are used as a mix value.
    This way the result from each falloff can be remapped with a bezier or spline curve correction:

Views:	149
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	1186089

I hope that helps,
    Konstantin

Comment

Here are the two vrmat material examples - lenticular_withRemapping.zip , lenticular_simple.zip

Comment

Working...
      X