Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch Render question

Hi,

I like to tweak the lighting in the vfb using the lightmix render element after the render has finished.

When using the batch render function however, only the last scene is displayed in the vfb.

Is there a way of loading the other scenes with their respective lightmix render elements so that they to can be edited in the vfb?

Regards.

Hello fendervox

Thank you for your question! I would like to share a workflow, which will allow you to apply the Light Mix adjustments to all of your rendered images.
    1. Enable the V-Ray Asset Editor > Settings > Render Output > Save Image as a .vrimg and start the Batch render;
    2. In the V-Ray Frame Buffer, make the desired adjustments to the Light Mix layer for one of the renders (usually the last one which is still being shown in the VFB);
    3. Save the Layers preset (see the attached screenshot "Save Layer");
    4. Open the Batch Image Processing menu (see "Batch Image Processing" screenshot) from the V-Ray Frame Buffer > File and set it up like this:
      1. Input folder - This is the "source" folder, where you take the images from;
      2. Output folder - This is where you want to save the processed images;
      3. Layer preset - Select the Layer preset you saved earlier;
      4. Press "Process".
    Alternatively, you could enable the VFB History as shown in the attached screenshot "VFB History". Enabling the "Auto Save" and "Auto Save Completed Only" will automatically generate .vrimg files regardless if you've chosen this format in the V-Ray Asset Editor > Settings > Render Output > Save Image menu.

I hope that his information has been helpful. Please let me know if this was what you needed and if you were successful.
    Attached Files
    Zahari Ivanov | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Zahari,

Thank you so much for your quick and very helpful response!

The second option (using the VFB History) is exactly what I was looking for - it works great!

Kind regards

Comment

Hi fendervox

I am glad to hear that the suggestion was helpful!
        It was a pleasure to assist you and you are always welcome to contact us if you need any assistance!
        Zahari Ivanov | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X