X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 6 cpu speed?

Hi Konstantin

Right now im using vray 6 cpu, i would like to ask you

With vray 6.1 is there any kind of speed?

I have 64 of ram.

My cpu i7 8700k i know is not as fast as 2 2080 ti with nvlink.

But probably with vray 6.1 or 6.2 i can see faster renders than vray 6.

I found the vray cpu a good option to render, of course i would really like to keep using vray gpu but since some issues i found vray cpu really stable.

Also i tested the multiply front diffuse of two sided material and i dont need it more because with aces everything looks so much better.

So i hope 2 things the compressed textures to work really nice and some speed with vray cpu

Thanks

Also i forgot to ask you

With vray 6.1 the intel path tracing the new technology that is in the labs artícles, is it half implemented with vray 6.1?

I read the article and it seems a nice option to give more light to spaces, reduce the noise and get faster renders.

I hope we can see this option soon

Also i never use my cpu, i always render with vray gpu, so my cpu is kind of new.

The only thing that avoid to change from vray gpu to vray cpu is the speed.

vray gpu is really really fast. For heavy scenes vray gpu works really nice.

Vray cpu is not that fast because my hardware.

I hope a faster render times with vray cpu

Thanks again

Comment

Hi,

The Path Guiding with Intel® Open PGL (for Light Cache) is still not exposed as an option in V-Ray for SketchUp.
      We decided that it would be better to wait for the option to pass its experimental implementation stage and add just enable it for everybody.

If you want to experiment with it you can use the following script to enable it:
      Code:
      VRay::Context.active.scene['/SettingsLightCache'][:path_guiding]=true
      Note that after you enable the option it will be stored in the model when you save it.
      If you wish to disable the option run the following:
      Code:
      VRay::Context.active.scene['/SettingsLightCache'][:path_guiding]=false
      Konstantin

Comment

About this new technology Konstantin, is this going to be something similar like the adaptive dome light??

Do you think with this we can have better render times?

About better global ilumination and less noise, do you think with this tool we can have better renders???

My cpu is really slow i7 8700k and that is why i dont use it to render, renders time for me is like 10 or 12 hours is just too much time.

Since i render heavy scenes, this cpu is really slow, but with this new technology probably renders time can be 6 or 8 hours instead of 12.

Thanks Konstantin
        Last edited by luisgamino2; 09-08-2023, 09:22 AM.

Comment

We are constantly adding optimisations like this one, making the ray-tracing process smarter and faster.
          However, it is unlikely that such an optimisation would cut your render time in halve (or more).
          The better approach would be to optimise the project you're working in and be mindful when starting a new one.

Comment

Working...
          X