X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 6.1 Aces

Hi Kontantin and Muhhamed

So this is what im doing in vray gpu 6 for sketchup to work with aces

I already have my proyect so first in the main settings i change the color management from srgb to acescg

Then each texture i change the diffuse texture rgb primaries in the bitmap load, vray gpu is by default raw then i change from raw to srgb primarie since every texture was done with srgb color.

Normal maps, bump maps and reflection maps i left as it is raw which is the default option.

I read that this grey maps should be in raw since they dont need any kind of change

While diffuse maps should be in srgb primaries

This is what i listen in youtube with Adan Martin tutorial about Acescg and color management in vray for 3d max.

When i did a render left by default the rgb primaries in the diffuse slot texture as raw i got a really nice render, switching from srgb to acescg in the color management in main settings.

When i changed from raw to srgb primaries and previus change to acescg in the main settings the render looks really bad, bad colors, bad reflections.

But when i changed the rgb primaries to acescg the render looks too saturated.

Materials look like a cartoon too much color

This tutorial is for the use of aces with 3d max with vray.

Since there is no tutorial again with vray 6 for sketchup for complex things like aces, well i ask here, im doing anything wrong?

For vray 6 for sketchup should i live by default to raw or should i change from raw to srgb primaries.

Please acescg was one of big major things that was available with vray 6.

No single tutorial about that!!!

I did 2 examples and the render looked much better leaving by default the diffuse texture by raw than change to srgb primaries.

Please bring more details about that.

Bring at least the file to use OCIO in the display correction in the announcements.

So we dont have issues finding the file.

While vray is so great we need more tutorial about complex things.

The documentation in chaos group page is really poor about this issue.

About the lights should choose the srgb or aces in the vray color picker.

Another question in the main settings in the configuration sliders color space should i use screen (srgb) or rendering if i choose acescg in the color management.

Thanks

Please, please, please bring more information about the aces.

Last edited by luisgamino2; 17-07-2023, 03:29 PM.

Then each texture i change the diffuse texture rgb primaries in the bitmap load, vray gpu is by default raw then i change from raw to srgb primarie since every texture was done with srgb color.

Normal maps, bump maps and reflection maps i left as it is raw which is the default option.

I read that this grey maps should be in raw since they dont need any kind of change​
    This is the correct thing to do, except for the fact that the reflection should be considered a color slot and textures plugged in it must use the sRGB primaries mode.

The logic is really simple - color textures must be in sRGB primaries mode​.
    Float textures - in Raw.
    The way you identify whether a texture is color or a float map is by looking at the slider next to the texture slot.
    If you see a color slider - it is a color texture slot.
    If on the other hand you see a number slider - this is a float texture.

The ACEScg primaries should only be used for textures that were created in the ACEScg color space. It is very unlikely that you have such textures.

Comment

Working...
    X