Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to get Multi-Sub textures on multiple faces (not groups/components)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to get Multi-Sub textures on multiple faces (not groups/components)?

I'd like to get some slight variations in hue/saturation/etc in these granite panels on the facade of this building rather than it being all uniform.
    There are so many different panel types and odd asymmetry (it's an existing design we are renovating) that I have not made any groups or components of the individual faces.
    I'm curious if using random face ID or Face ID is even an option and there's something wrong with how I'm doing it, or if it's not something that can be done.

So far I've just followed the steps to create the most basic of basic multi sub textures, and I'm not getting anywhere. I could swear I've done this before with success too..... Any ideas?
    I'm not sure what info might help but please ask if you are curious about any settings.
    Windows 10 sketchup 21 latest Vray-6
    Thanks. Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-07-18 08_37_23-LMPD site 2 - SketchUp Pro 2021.png
Views:	144
Size:	4.38 MB
ID:	1186514
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-07-18 08_56_12-LMPD site 2 - SketchUp Pro 2021.png
Views:	117
Size:	295.6 KB
ID:	1186515

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-07-18 08_56_26-V-Ray Asset Editor.png
Views:	108
Size:	421.2 KB
ID:	1186516
    Attached Files

Hi stephen_moore​,

It seems that the randomisation modes we've exposed have been marked as legacy in V-Ray Core and some of them might not work as expected.
    In order to resolve this and re-enable randomisation based on mesh elements (disconnected mesh peaces) we'll have to introduce a change in the software which can be done in a future update/hotfix.
    I'll raise the priority of this and hopefully we'll be able to fix it soon.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and excuse us for the inconvenience!

Regards,
    Konstantin

Comment

Thank you Konstantin. Would there be an older version I could install on a different machine that would re-enable this feature?
      Thank you for looking into it

Comment

I think you can individually select scattered bricks and use plugins to turn them into groups or components. solve this problem.hope it helps you。
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi stephen_moore​,

There is actually a way to activate the mode you need with a script (no need to install old version).
          Here's what you need to do:

1) Create a global Multi-sub texture
          2) Change its name to Multisub-edit
          Any name can be used in fact but you'll have to also change it in the script
          3) Open the Ryby console and run the following script - multisub_configure_01.zip
          4)Change the hue, saturation and gamma values in the script and rerun it if you want different variation values

Here's the result:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	986.3 KB ID:	1186735

The manipulation done with this script is 100% safe.
          It is just changing some parameters not visible in the UI.
          This means that all changes will be saved with your file and you can continue working normally.

Hope that helps,
          Konstantin

​
          Attached Files
          Last edited by konstantin_chaos; 20-07-2023, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X