No announcement yet.

Vray antialising Mitchell Netravali and for vray gpu catmull roll antialiasing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray antialising Mitchell Netravali and for vray gpu catmull roll antialiasing

Hi Konstantin

I would like to ask you why with vray for sketchup we dont have this antisliasing the mitchell netravali???

This is possible only with vray for 3d max and maya.

I read the documents and it seems a nice option.

It is kind of Lanczos antialiasing, strong but at the same time not as hard as the catmull roll

About the catmull roll, why in all the time we havent see this with vray gpu?

Is it a technical issue??

It looks nice for architectural rendering.

Thanks

For example i did sometime ago some tests with depth of field.

Renders with depth of field and at the same time with antialiasing lanczos with 2.0 looks too blurried

Something is telling me that using a sharp antialiasing like catmull roll or the mitchell netravalni is the best option for a render with depth of field, since sometimes the depth of field already gives you a kind of blurry image.

Something is telling me that the mitchell netravalni gives nice result. I saw the curve for both the catmull roll and the mitchell netravalni and is kind of the same but the mitchell netravalni is a bit less sharper than the catmull roll.

I hope with time to see this option with vray for sketchup.

and support for catmull roll for vray gpu.

Thanks

Comment

And about the speed do you think with that filter we can get faster render times and at the same time keep the quality of the render?

I had this question for so long why we never see this filter for such a long time...??? With vray for 3d max and vray for maya this was already in the vray settings like 10 years ago.

Thanks again

Comment

I would like to ask you why with vray for sketchup we dont have this antisliasing the mitchell netravali???
        This is possible only with vray for 3d max and maya.​
        This filter is only available in V-Ray for 3ds Max.
        The reason - it is a 3ds Max filter that V-Ray can use, it is not in the V-Ray Core.

And about the speed do you think with that filter we can get faster render times and at the same time keep the quality of the render?
        Changes to the filtering will affect the render time but not by much (unless you increase the filter radius to an unreasonably high value).

As for sharpening the image - I'd recommend using the Blur/Sharpen filter in the VFB instead of a sharpening image filter.

Comment

Working...
        X