Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray for sketchup light instaced based on particles

Hi Konstantin

A year ago or 2 years ago in the update 2, vray 5 vray 3d max i saw something that really like me.

The lights based on instaced particles.

I already know vray for sketchup does not support particles, but i would like to see an effort on this.

Something is telling me that without effort on this we will never have rain, snow and the light particles.

When i ask something that we dont have is not only for me, is for all the comunity of vray for sketchup.

That light particles was magic, the forest scene with this light particles i was so amazed for this effect.

I was ohhh imagine to do that with vray for sketchup, how amazing can look the renders with this effect.

Supporting particles can bring another level to vray for sketchup.

Thanks Konstantin

Here are some examples

Click image for larger version  Name:	20231025_121428~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	988.4 KB ID:	1193860 When i saw this update for vray for 3d max ( 5.2) i was so amazed for this effect, really, really liked.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20231025_121411~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.16 MB ID:	1193861 Just simply amazing!!!

I really would like to see particles in vray for sketchup

Just imagine this with some other lights and enviroment fog.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231025_121500~3.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	722.5 KB
ID:	1193863 This happens too in real life, there are some insects that have already a light source.

Like in forest or open spaces.

So sometimes i wonder why vray for sketchup is getting behind of these amazing features.

I can spend a complete night with a house in a open space with interactive render, Just to see this effect in vray for sketchup.

What a beautiful scene Konstantin!!!

You can really feel the space and the forest.

Thanks again

Last edited by luisgamino2; 25-10-2023, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Small light bulbs can be added by plugins.

Comment

What im talking about wzfwztwz is to have a vray particles system, those small bulbs they look the same, we need something to deform a bit those bulbs, because in real life these things are not bulbs.

I expect here an answer from the vray for sketchup developers.

Also i dont want to install more plugins.

we all know the big limitations with sketchup, we cant compare with 3d max and maya, those software are in another galaxy.

Some years ago no one could think in a big sccater tool with vray, right now they are working hard on this.

What a about a particles system that can bring more posibilitys to vray for sketchup users.

Last edited by luisgamino2; 26-10-2023, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Also i would like to ask here the developers of vray if having a particles system can bring more things like rain or snow?

I already know this can take a lot of time and is not an easy task.

Seems a complex thing.

Some time ago when i asked for rain or snow, Konstantin told me and Antioche that the only way to have a realistic rain or these atmospherics effects was to work with particles

Comment

If you compare your bulb lights (vray sketchup) to the vray for 3d max particles in these photos you will see they are not a perfect sphere, they are bit deformed

Having just the perfect sphere does not feel realistic, Konstantin showed some time ago this limitation with water, the small drops look all the same, perfect spheres, rain does not looks like that.

those small drops of water are a bit deformed

Comment

We've talked about a lot, but in summary, it's about integrating the Phoenix plugin into the SketchUp-V-Ray rendering workflow, and I understand that this is a challenging task.

Comment

Working...
              X