X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 6 gpu vs vray 5 gpu about stability

Hi Konstantin

I had observed with vray 6 some issues.

I did a proyect with vray 6 because the materials, vray 5.1 does not have materials.

1 When you cancel a render vray pop up a window message with red letters advising you cancel a render

This is not needed, with vray 5 never happens this.

2 When vray gpu crash for the vram it still crash so heavy that i had to turn off the workstation it keeps the red letters impossible to allocate num of samples and keep increasing this and this again

Even when you do a render after that sometimes appears some kind of strange message.

3 Sometimes i get a bug splat, much more often than vray 5.

Here i dont really know why???

With vray gpu 5 i never got a bug splat is so stable that is a pleasure to work with vray gpu 5

Even with heavy and complex scene i really dont suffer with vray gpu 5

But with vray gpu 6 i have to safe very often so i dont get a bug splat a loose my work.

4 Why the hair material does not look the same than vray 5???

If i open a scene from vray gpu 5 and bring it to vray gpu 6 the hair material even if you dont change anything does not look the same.

Since vray 5.2 with vray gpu 6 i really feel is not as stable as vray 5.

With vray 6 cpu i didnt find any issue, it works great but vray 6 gpu is very unstable Konstantin

Please be carefull with this Chaos team, working with vray gpu 6 is not a stable option

Vray gpu 5 i dont really find issues.

I still thinking vray gpu 5 is better than vray gpu 6.

I hope with vray 7 vray gpu team take this very serius because if we are going to suffer from one major versiĆ³n to another one is better to keep vray 5.1

Thanks Konstantin

Sometimes i feel issues are bringing from one version to another one.

Is the RTX engine keeps the issues about vray fur with hair material???

Vray gpu 5 with RTX takes a lot of vram with vray fur and vray hair material.

With vray gpu 6.1 i really got a lot of bug splats with new scenes it always gives me bugsplat

So for the next major update is better to have 1 feature or 2 feature but with stability.

I dont really want to find issues again about this with the future vray 7 gpu.

Take your time to find a way to make stable vray gpu.

It is not the same as vray cpu.

Comment

Working...
    X