Chaos vantage vs Vray gpu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos vantage vs Vray gpu

Today i saw the new update of chaos vantage and i have to say...What a great update!!!

Displacement
    vray fur
    Even vray hair next material
    Much more things

Vantage is getting better and better

Congratulations for vantage team.

At this point Konstantin i believe chaos vantage in a year is going to be better than vray gpu.

Im very dissapointed with the development of vray gpu.

We almost dont get anything.

I believe im going to keep the vray 5 and probably buy a licence of chaos vantage.

And left the big updates of vray, i dont see any kind of advantage to pay the upgrade of vray.

Since chaos vantage is for 3d max, maya, sketchup and rhyno probably this is going to get the most important things.

Thanks
    Last edited by luisgamino2; 07-12-2023, 04:21 PM.

Hi luisgamino2​,

It's great that you like the Vantage update - it is a powerful new technology that we invest a lot into.
    But I have to say - the V-Ray for SketchUp team is investing just as much into improving the product.

By the way - in update 2 we've improved the auto-generated UI of unsupported materials and textures.
    If you want to experiment with the Hair Next material, you can take advantage of that.
    Just import the following vrmat and a Hair Next material will appear in your materials list - Hair Next.zip

Comment

Hi Konstantin

Im in a point where i say to my self, i can do my work with vray gpu...But it can be much better done, with better quality.

The lack of new shaders, the lack of impromevent of textures and lack of new lights.

With vray 6 i did not see any kind of speed.

So my main software is vray gpu not Chaos vantage

But if in some time chaos vantage gets better and better well what is the point of use vray gpu.

It is going to be better to use chaos vantage than vray gpu.

I would like to see in a big update something that really changes the quality of the render.

I really missed the new light decay, this changes the quality of the render.

The lights look so much better.

Something that you say...We have new material to play with it, we have new tools in enviroment fog to play with it.

We dont have new RE to play with it...Nothing i dont see nothing.

But believe Konstantin im going to download the new update 2 and see what i can find

But it does not engage me like vray used to do.

With vray 3, vray next and vray 5 i was hoping so much the surprises of the updates.

With vray 6 it did not happen this was like OK,OK, OK, im fine with vray 5.

For example the vray enmesh this tool im going to use it in just one space of the house the grid pattern of the fireplace in the living room and that is all.

The vray enmesh is usefull but in very rare and specific situation

I hope to find in vray gpu 7 New tools to engage again with vray gpu.

Thanks for the hair next material im going to try that.

Just take as example vray 5

Awesome update, light gen, coat and sheen for materials, The new big updates and composite with the VFB.

That was really really nice

Thanks again

Last edited by luisgamino2; 11-12-2023, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X