Enmesh surface problem to solve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enmesh surface problem to solve

I would be most grateful for advice on how to remedy a problem when applying enmesh to a non coplanar surface. Enmesh appears to be a very powerful and useful addition within Vray 6 for SketchUp and this is my first go at dabbling with it.

The first image on the left is a screenshot of the basic SketchUp model of a stool where I'm aiming to replicate a rattan material for the seat and back. The second image is the result from the Vray render where the enmesh pattern is quite distorted when assigned to the seat back. I created the seat back shape with the Soap Skin and Bubble plugin which gave me this tensile non coplanar shape. The enmesh result is fine on the seat being a nice flat surface yet the third image (which appears on the Chaos website) shows a far more complex surface without the distortion I'm experiencing.

The distortion must have something to do with my basic geometry, yet that rug example is far more complex mesh than I'm working with. Any advice from the community would be awesome. Thanks.

You need good UV to get enmesh to work properly
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Hello Mr.Bee,

You can try using a V-Ray Tri-Planar Projection - right click on the geometry > V-Ray UV Tools > Tri-Planar Projection. Please let me know if this works for you.

Kind regards,
      Iva
      Iva Mancheva
      V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Hey Iva, Tri-Planar Projection did improve the result to a degree, but not quite a clean result. Fortunately, this furniture will be only a small part of the overall scene, so I think I'll get away with it for now.
        It has me delving deeper into the dark art of UV, but so much to learn. I think I need to find a way to improve the mesh that I'm applying the enmesh to get a much neater result.

Thank you both siro76 and Iva_mancheva for your response and advice.

Comment

For that chair creating UV should be easy, is almost a flat projection. I never create UV coordinates for my models until recently, lately I’m using them more and more since it opens many possibilities (like using Enmesh for example). For most models is very easy.
          3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
          NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
          www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
          @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Working...
          X