Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improve for vray blend material

Hi Konstantin

2 days ago i was triying a vray blend material for some rocks, i was triying to mix a Stones texture with some Moss texture.

I almost dont use vray blend material because i have to relink and asign again the blend material.

Can we have an option just to blend material in the same material, something like wrap in blend material and take the same material and just asign the new textures.

And not to create a new blend material and asign again to the asset. It can take a lot of time.

i believe blend material is important and can give nice results for example in gardens.

For example have an option in the same estructure of the material to enable an option of blend and just make the material as the base so we just can insert some materials in the same material.

This could bring realism to the scene and at the same time just make life easy to create and assign blend materials.

Thanks
    Last edited by luisgamino2; 10-01-2024, 12:04 PM.

Hi,

In nesting blend materials is not a good idea in the common case since it produces hard to manage shaders.
    It is much better to blend multiple layers within a single blend.

If you are after converting a regular V-Ray material to a blend with a base - the original one, then I agree, the process is not that straightforward.
    In this case using the built-in material layers would be easier.

Konstantin

Comment

Hi Konstantin

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240111_093602~2.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	1199555 Here is the example, i have a sand material, after i created i would like to have if it is possible an option to convert this material in already a blend material.

I believe the standard blend material works but takes time to develop, because we have to create a new blend material then choose the base material.

When this is ready i have to change the size of the material in sketchup to see how it looks in sketchup and then render.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240111_093609~5.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	1199556 I was thinking in an attribute to have an option to convert the standard material easy in a blend material.

So vray already know this is the base material and in the new layer we can insert different materials.

Also with this new approach we can change easy the layers of the base material.

We dont have to leave the blend material and search for the base material to change something like reflection layer or the bump map.

I was thinking how easy could be to us this new approach to create blend materials for exteriors spaces.

It is not a easy process to create blend materials right now.

Thanks again Konstantin

Comment

Working...
      X