Set Repeat U/V of texmap by Ruby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set Repeat U/V of texmap by Ruby

1/ I didn’t found any officially way to get and set the value of Repeat U/V.
    Now, I have a workaround to get the value of “Repeat U/V” by calculate from the matrix that I got from this code:
    Code:
    my_mtl[:brdf][:diffuse_tex][:uvwgen][:uvw_transform].matrix
    How to set new value for Repeat U/V by Ruby?
    (I tried to change value inside the above matrix but it doesn't updated, seem like readonly)

2/ When I set the Rotation of texmap, the UI value updated correctly but texmap doesn’t rotate at all.
    Please watch this video to see the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n_vuxQ5gCw
    Code:
    context = VRay::Context.active
    scene = context.scene
    my_mtl = scene['/box']

scene.change{
    my_mtl[:brdf][:diffuse_tex][:uvwgen][:rotation] = 0
    }

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-19 145539.png
Views:	71
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1200272
    Last edited by benmack180; 19-01-2024, 09:15 PM.

1/ I didn’t found any officially way to get and set the value of Repeat U/V.
    Now, I have a workaround to get the value of “Repeat U/V” by calculate on matrix that I got from this code:
    Code:
    my_mtl[:brdf][:diffuse_tex][:uvwgen][:uvw_transform].matrix
    How to set new value for Repeat U/V by Ruby? (I tried to change value inside the above matrix but it doesn't change)

2/ When I set the Rotation of texmap, the UI value updated correctly but texmap doesn’t rotate at all.
    Please watch this video to see the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n_vuxQ5gCw
    Code:
    context = VRay::Context.active
    scene = context.scene
    my_mtl = scene['/box']

scene.change{
    my_mtl[:brdf][:diffuse_tex][:uvwgen][:rotation] = 0
    }

Comment

This is the Vantage section of the forum. Sounds like you wanted to post on the Sketchup section.
      Nikola Goranov
      Chaos Developer

Comment

That's right, sorry, this should be in Sketchup section.

If anyone can give some guidance for my question, it's really appreciated, I've been stucked here for days.
        Last edited by benmack180; 20-01-2024, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X