Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray gpu glass and water material max depth

Hi Konstantin

I would like to ask you if i should increase the max depth in reflection and refraction

By default is 8, right now i use 20, do you think both material should i increase to 40 to see nice glass material and nice water material.

From 8 to 20 looks better, have you experienced with 40 or 60???

Did you find any interesting about reflection and refraction???

Thanks

Originally posted by luisgamino2 View Post
    Hi Konstantin

I would like to ask you if i should increase the max depth in reflection and refraction

By default is 8, right now i use 20, do you think both material should i increase to 40 to see nice glass material and nice water material.

From 8 to 20 looks better, have you experienced with 40 or 60???

Did you find any interesting about reflection and refraction???

Thanks
    The depth you should use depends on the specific scene.
    In most situations the default values work well.
    However in scenes with a lot of transparent objects, increasing both the refraction and reflection depths could increase the realism.
    The more surfaces the rays have to travel through the bigger depth values you should use.
    Note that when a reflection ray reaches the max depth it returns a black color - this could lead to black areas in reflections (or reflections viewed through a refraction)
    Refraction rays that reach the max just pass through the rest of the refractive surfaces - this can lead to incorrect light bending.
    It is also worth noting that you can change the depth globally for all scene materials with the Max Trace Depth option in the Optimizations rollout (for GPU this option is an override, for CPU it is an upper limit).

Comment

Working...
    X