Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray gpu example of a use of vray fur

Hi

How can i achieve this effect for a rug.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20240126_144429~3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.50 MB ID:	1200799 Im trying to emulate this with vray fur...So difficult!!!

How do you achieve this plain strains as the arab tapestry.

Sometimes i spend more time exploring the software that working on spaces.

Vray team should bring more information about this.

Should i use the cellular map??? and what kind of parameters here???

Those details are important for any kind of tapestry, a rug or a textil

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by luisgamino2; 26-01-2024, 02:00 PM.

That is really a difficult task, i dont really have a clue how can i achieve this

Im going to left this because this is going to take me a lot of time.

If someone from vray team can bring some ideas on how we can achieve this, can be really usufull

Sometimes i wonder why vray team didnt bring more options to these great tool the vray fur

I believe we can achieve a lot of things with it but i wonder how???

Thanks again

Comment

Like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	91
Size:	459.0 KB
ID:	1201914

Attached Files

Comment

No it is not the same the hairs look up i dont want to look up, they are totally plain

Click image for larger version  Name:	20240213_115832~5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.03 MB ID:	1201937 As you can see here they are not up just totally plain.

The second image looks more realistic, im going to take that as a base and keep trying to see if i got what i want.

And i need this in both sides.

Thanks for your suggestion

Last edited by luisgamino2; 13-02-2024, 11:19 AM.

Comment

I think chaos team should look at this because if they can give us some kind of a base for this or a base for that that could really be a good begining and at the same time we can just change a little bit the settings.

Some textils has those details in the end, achieving this could really take a lot of time.

The same goes for textils they have small hairs that increase the beauty of a textil or a fabric.

Sometimes i wonder how can i give those details with vray fur and vray hair material.

In chaos scan materials they have some fabrics in which you can see those smalls hairs in the textil.

When light hit those fabrics look really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by luisgamino2 View Post
            No it is not the same the hairs look up i dont want to look up, they are totally plain
            You are wrong, Not up but in left side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	71
Size:	859.1 KB
ID:	1201956​I recommend experimenting with the settings. Don't expect ready-made presets.

Comment

Krzysztof_szpakowski

The question wasnt for you, i was asking the vray team for sketchup.

What you suggest is not what i want.

If you think this works for you, then do your work.

For me this not works.

They look different from what i expose earlier

I wasnt expecting ready made presest.

I was asking the vray team if these was possible and the settings you suggest look even different from what i want.

These conversation is finished

Comment

Hi luisgamino2,

Are you asking about the fringe edges (long strings which surround the carpet) or the short fibers that cover the entire carpet?
                The fringe would be hard to achieved with Fur alone since it follows the curvature/geometry of underlying objects.
                This is usually done with Hair paint or simulation in other host apps like Maya and 3ds Max.
                V-Ray itself doesn't have hair styling tools at this stage.

Konstantin

Comment

Hi Konstantin

i would like to recreate the fringe edges that are in both tapestry,

I see Konstantin is going to be really difficult to achieve something like this, Also this can take a lot of time and takes so much ram and vram.

This is a great feature some times in textils, gives more realistic view of the fabric.

I hope vray team look at this Konstantin not for now but in the near future, since already vray fur is great, with more options we can achieve so much better things.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X