Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray for sketchup and vray for blender

Hi Konstantin

I read and i saw the new event chaos unboxed, i was very amazed that vray is coming to blender

How difficult could be to take the vray scene from vray for sketchup to vray for blender?

I would like to have vray for blender for complex scenes and vray for sketchup for light scenes.

I have been testing blender and seems much more complex software than sketchup, but it is great it feels so smooth.

So when vray for blender is ready, can i bring my vray scenes to vray for blender and render the same that i use to do with vray for sketchup???

Thanks in advance

Vray for sketchup as perpetual licence and a suscription for vray for blender.

Sounds amazing!!!

Hi luisgamino2​,

Transferring scenes as Proxies is going to be trivial.
    However, this will not let you edit the scene further in Blender (you'll just be able to render it).
    Exporting vrscenes from SketchUp and importing them for editing in Blender depends on the V-Ray for Blender team.
    I'll ask them if there is a plan to enable the .vrscene import workflow and get back to you.

Konstantin

Comment

Hi Konstantin

one of the things that i like about blender is that it is a more complex software than sketchup

Blender accepts obj, fbx and more, while sketchup does not support that

If i can import my models in blender and assign material to it and do the proxy and then just grab and drop a lot of assets to take to sketchup could be nice.

Effects like rain drops i can do it in blender and send to sketchup via proxy.

The same goes for animation

At this point i dont know too much about blender, but blender is free and i already know vray, so to use blender i can take some lessons

Thanks
      Last edited by luisgamino2; 12-03-2024, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X