first timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first timer

Help!!!!!!!! I really have no idea where to begin with vray. Is there a tutrial bundle, or how should i begin? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

ps i think vray is amazing and am so happy it's available for su.

Jim

first timer

I know your wish to use this awesome product quickly. But I think we'd better wait until the VFS team solve out major issues and release beta 3 or retail version . In the mean time you can try the tutorial for Rhinos. It's helpful a bit.

http://www.asgvis.com/VfRtw/bin/view/VfR/UserTutorials

Most of us are dying for this damn good product and easy tutorial!!! grrr

Comment

many questions

Isn't the full version for sale now? Yes i have been using the rhino tutrials, thanks. One thing i can't quite figure out is how interior lighting works. It seems like this is possible to do in su, am i wrong?

Comment

first timer

I think it's 'prerelease' sale now. still beta version. Yes you right, there is no omni or spot lighting yet. Only way for interior light is using an emmiter material. I think you already checked below post.

http://www.asgvis.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1022

Comment

first timer

Yeah - Beta3 will have a rectangle and omni light. I have them working in my development builds at the moment. I'm sorry for the lack of tutorials. They are waiting on my build to begin fully working them out. Sorry for the delays guys
          Best regards,
          Joe Bacigalupa
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

beta 3 and tutorials

so what kind of time line is that on? I just want to know how long i'm going to have to wait to purchase this verision

Comment

first timer

We're shooting for friday, 3 Jan 2007, for beta 3.
              Best regards,
              Joe Bacigalupa
              Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

su vs. 3ds max

So with all the added features in beta3 will su have the rendering capabilities of max? I trying to figure out if i should purchase vray for su or just switch over now.

Comment

first timer

Originally posted by joeb
                  We're shooting for friday, 3 Jan 2007, for beta 3.

What timezone are you in...???
                  Today is January 3rd, 2007... Friday will be January 5th, 2007...
                  I can only say that I really appreciate all the efforts you guys put into this and I sure look forward to see Beta 3.
                  Originally posted by reis0111
                  So with all the added features in beta3 will su have the rendering capabilities of max? I trying to figure out if i should purchase vray for su or just switch over now.
                  I wouldn't hesitate if I were you. In fact I've already gotten my licence number!
                  Please also remember the great offer ASGVIS has at the moment! Don't know for how long this offer will last - but why wait??

Comment

first timer

We're in Baltimore, Maryland in the US so we are on Eastern Standard time. Our forum says this is posted at 9:18 pm, but our local time is 4:18 pm. Hope this helps
                    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

first timer

Originally posted by Frederik

What timezone are you in...???
                      Today is January 3rd, 2007... Friday will be January 5th, 2007...
                      I can only say that I really appreciate all the efforts you guys put into this and I sure look forward to see Beta 3.
                      Whups Yes 5 Jan 2007
                      Originally posted by reis0111
                      The main differences between V-Ray for SketchUp and V-Ray for Max is the native applications. Naturally you will have an easier time doing more complex mapping operations, animations, etc, inside 3dsmax.

Beta3 will not have displacement in it yet, but with displacement I'd say they are very close - just missing distributed / network rendering.
                      Best regards,
                      Joe Bacigalupa
                      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

test rendering

i have been playing with the beta 2 and am wondering what is the best way to get a quick test render. What settings allow for a semi-accurate looking scene that does not eat up the time?

Comment

first timer

Assuming you start from our defaults options

1. Set image sampler to Adaptive Subdivision min:-1 max:2
                          2. Set QMC Sampler to 0.85 adaptive amount
                          3. Set Light Cache to 500 samples and 2 passes

That should give you relatively good result and a short render

[edit] btw beta3 is out
                          Best regards,
                          Joe Bacigalupa
                          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
                          X