sketchup sun and render window questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sketchup sun and render window questions

I am trying to render a scene looking down on a floorplan with walls extruded and light sconces on the walls. I'd like the light sconces to iluminate the scene and not have the hard shadows produced by the sun. Where in the options tab can you turn off the sketchup sun?

Also, my render progress window is behaving differently than when I first started messing with Vray. At first, the whole window would quickly fade in a grainy image of what the scene would generally look like before it began the longer process of the final rendering. Now, I just get a black screen and the fine tuning slowly exposes the rendering.

The initial approximation of the scene was extremely helpful in that it showed errors before I wasted too much time with the rendering. I am assuming I accidentally turned it off fiddling with the Vray settings. How do I turn it back on?

thanks

Gunnar

Re: sketchup sun and render window questions

Originally posted by cgarness
    I am trying to render a scene looking down on a floorplan with walls extruded and light sconces on the walls. I'd like the light sconces to iluminate the scene and not have the hard shadows produced by the sun. Where in the options tab can you turn off the sketchup sun?
    In Beta 2 there is a bug where you need to totally remove the Sky texture from the Environment tabs (both GI and BG).
    Also, my render progress window is behaving differently than when I first started messing with Vray. At first, the whole window would quickly fade in a grainy image of what the scene would generally look like before it began the longer process of the final rendering. Now, I just get a black screen and the fine tuning slowly exposes the rendering.
    That sounds to me like you have switched your GI method from irradiance mapping to light cache? Maybe I'm not understanding the issue?

The initial approximation of the scene was extremely helpful in that it showed errors before I wasted too much time with the rendering. I am assuming I accidentally turned it off fiddling with the Vray settings. How do I turn it back on?
    You can set the GI calculation engine at the Indirect Illumination tab.

Let me know if you need anything else
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

sketchup sun and render window questions

Thanks Joe.

Gunnar

Comment

Working...
      X