Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...speed of the GUI in beta 3

Hi all,

I kind of skipped experimenting with vray because of the speed slack of earlier betas.

I would like to try again with beta 3, but before i download i wanted to know if the speed issue (mostly on material editor) has been adressed in beta 3.

Thanks in advance,

...speed of the GUI in beta 3

I think the issue that you are talking about should be fixed. You were talking about applying materials would take a while? In the time you waited for this response you could have already installed it and rendered an animation...

Again, this is a beta. If you don't have time to play around with a beta product and supply comments / criticism / bug reports than you shouldn't download it.
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Beta 3

Joe

If some info on just how Vray works was
      posted it would be more motivating to
      dig in.

FYI B3 seems faster and renders more evenly.

I could find no way to control GI or shadow density
      and hope that you could post info per my personal
      email to jump start us all.

A quick start data sheet please.

dtr

Comment

I second that!

Comment

The best resource for exactly all of the inner workings of vray is Spot 3d. Its directly from ChaosGroup. It is specifically for Max, but all of the explanations will be relevant provided the features are supported (VRay Fur would be an unsupported feature). We do have some of those resources on our wiki, but most without any screenshots. I'll put that up later
          Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

v-ray core license version ... ?

Hello,

I would like to know what version of te v-ray core will we be using when the version 1 comes to public?
            I ask this because we are rendering with the 1.49.81, and currently the version on the market for other apps is the 1.5xx

Thx

Comment

Re: ...speed of the GUI in beta 3

Yes this is the version that is currently used with beta 4. Beta 3 uses vray core version 1.49.79 and vray for rhino uses 1.49.73
              Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Re: ...speed of the GUI in beta 3

We are using the most recent sdk version on the market. Officially, the V-Ray SDK versions have not reached 1.5 - but I believe they call the core used in V-Ray for Max 1.5 RC4. The most recent V-Ray SDK version we're using is 1.49.83a. It is essentially equivalent to V-Ray for Max 1.5 RC4 (or whatever it is).
                Best regards,
                Joe Bacigalupa
                Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
                X