Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray works with Sketchup 6 !!!

Just try it this morning works fine !!!
    Look even faster to load ... but that might just be my enthusiasm !!!

Vray works with Sketchup 6 !!!

Yeah SketchUp 6 does seem a bit faster in the scene parsing stage of the render. We have a SketchUp6 installer, we should be posting it somewhere in the next couple days.
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

GREAT !!!

Comment

Where is the Sketchup 6 installer? Do we really need a Sketchup 6 installer? Or can i uninstall the one i have for sketchup 5 and install it again and choose the google sketchup folder instead?
        Fluke73<br />==============================<br />www.flukeworld.com - private (has gallery)<br />www.webzoo.se - my company

Comment

I second your question Fluke...
          Are we able to have Vray installed for both SU5 and SU6?
          IF OK, how can I do so?
          THANX

Comment

archigrafix: I agreee - would be great to be able to run it on both.
            Fluke73<br />==============================<br />www.flukeworld.com - private (has gallery)<br />www.webzoo.se - my company

Comment

Originally posted by fluke73
              Where is the Sketchup 6 installer? Do we really need a Sketchup 6 installer? Or can i uninstall the one i have for sketchup 5 and install it again and choose the google sketchup folder instead?
              You can use the Skp5 installer - but the only difference is you can't have V-Ray for Skp5 and Skp6 at the same time on the machine. Thats why we have the separate Skp6 installer. I'm going to see if we can get it up on our site today - I think I might just put it up temporarily on our ftp site...
              Best regards,
              Joe Bacigalupa
              Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

You guys can download it now at by navigating to ftp://ftp.asgvis.com/pub and downloading the VRayForSketchUp6_Beta3.exe - it will stay there until we have it formally up on the website. Its only available in its watermarked form at this time.

Note - it will probably be easiest for you to open that link up in the regular windows file explorer.
                Best regards,
                Joe Bacigalupa
                Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanx so much Joeb!
                  I am downloading and give it a try as soon as possible!!!

Comment

Just as a quick note - If you guys were using the VfS5 installer in SketchUp 6 make sure you uninstall the VfS5 version prior to installing the VfS6 installer. If you were not using the VfS5 installer for SketchUp 6 then don't worry about it.
                    Best regards,
                    Joe Bacigalupa
                    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanks for being so quick with the SU6 installer. It refused to accept my serial number, though. Did I misunderstand something here? I still have the SU5 version of VRay installed in my SU5 directory, but I didn't use the SU5 installer on SU6.

Comment

lewiswadsworth- chances are that that activation is tied up in your sketch-up 5 license. What you would have to do is decide whether you would want to have your license be active for SU5 or 6. In order to release your SU5 license you will have to uninstall it (while connected to the internet) so that you can transfer it over to SU6. This is just how are license system is working right now, and we are looking for a different solution for the future. I do believe that you should be able to run the 30 day trial on SU5 if you want, after you uninstall it. Sorry for the inconvience, and let us know if you have any trouble with it.
                        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

In order to release your SU5 license you will have to uninstall it (while connected to the internet) so that you can transfer it over to SU6.
                          Actually, that didn't work...even if I uninstalled Vfs for SU5, I couldn't get Vfs for 6 to accept my license. Just to be safe, I uninstalled Vfs for SU6 and re-installed it, and I still couldn't get a valid license confirmation. My license is only working, apparently, for Vfs for SU5, whether or not I have that version installed and authorized. Oh well.

Comment

Thanks ASGVIS-team for such fast replies.

Comment

There may be something with the SU5/6 license thing. Best thing would be to email support@asgvis.com and we'll try to get it resolved as quickly as possible.
                              Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
                              X