view problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• view problem

when i apply a v-ray material on my sketchup model i can't see it. i see only the sketchup material. but i can see the v-ray material when i render my model. there is a solution for this problem?

thanks

P.S. sorry for my english

view problem

The issue is that SketchUp is only able to display SketchUp materials. I suppose we could make dummy SketchUp materials that store the limited common parameters between V-Ray and SketchUp materials - we do something similar to that with V-Ray for Rhino.
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

view problem

Originally posted by joeb
      The issue is that SketchUp is only able to display SketchUp materials. I suppose we could make dummy SketchUp materials that store the limited common parameters between V-Ray and SketchUp materials - we do something similar to that with V-Ray for Rhino.
      Not sure its needed. PPL dont realize its a limitation imposed by SU as a platform. Once users will get to know the program and its working methods, wings will get flowing. Dont forget that its a question coming due to the luck of tuts, as well.

Comment

view problem

Originally posted by bigcahunak
        PPL dont realize its a limitation imposed by SU as a platform.
        That is so very true. Especially when sketchup was never really built for a renderer in the first place. It makes things just a little bit more time consuming and a little more cumbersome. But so far people seam to think its worth it, so thats all that matters
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

view problem

Originally posted by dalomar
          That is so very true. Especially when sketchup was never really built for a renderer in the first place. It makes things just a little bit more time consuming and a little more cumbersome. But so far people seam to think its worth it, so thats all that matters
          I mean, in the end we're here to meet the needs of our users. So if people think it will make the product easier/better than I have to listen. SketchUp definately wasn't made with rendering in mind, but we need to bend it to our evil will
          Best regards,
          Joe Bacigalupa
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
          X