less time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• less time

someone could give me settings to make good picture with medium time rendering?
    thanks

less time

what parameters i have to modify to have faster renders?

Comment

less time

caustics might want to be turned off if you dnt have glass or any refractions in your render. that usually helps a lot....check out the vlado's settings, those are good starter settings..it's in the rhino general page.

Comment

less time

We have some visopts with basic render qualities that ship with the beta. If you open up our global options and then go to File->Load it should pop up in the proper directory. There should be low-very high presets for different GI pairings.
        Best regards,
        Joe Bacigalupa
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Re: less time

what does qmc and irmap exactly stand for; being a newbie; i would guess first one is irradience map but i dont have any clue about qmc...
          Onur Olguner<br />Architect<br />METU &#39;07<br />http://www.olgunerdesign.com

Comment

Re: less time

Originally posted by epinox
            what does qmc and irmap exactly stand for; being a newbie; i would guess first one is irradience map but i dont have any clue about qmc...
            Yep - irmap is irradiance map. QMC stands for Quasi-Monte Carlo. Monte Carlo is a technique for integrating. Basically it uses sampling to solve complex problems. Quasi-Monte Carlo, as the name suggests, is Monte Carlo-esque in that it samples, but it uses optimizations to make it a bit faster than straight-up Monte Carlo integration. QMC is generally regarded as a "brute-force" GI calculation. It will generally always give you good results, but is kinda slow compared to other methods (like irradiance mapping and light cache ).
            Best regards,
            Joe Bacigalupa
            Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
            X