Tile and scaling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tile and scaling

I created this material based on a tile. I'm trying to use it for the floor and backsplash in my scene.

The material, in the editor, looks perfect. However, when I put it into the scene it's almost exactly 1/12th the scale it should be. So I see 144 little tiles when I put the material on a 12x12 tile. How do I get this to look right?

1. Is there a way to scale the tile size without going into photoshop and blowing it up twelvefold?
    2. how do I get the tile to look like tile with recessed grout lines and such.

Tile and scaling

figured out the scale thing. now just need to see if I can make realistic grout

Comment

Tile and scaling

Our scale right now is kind of screwy - I was previously using planar mapping and setting the repeat to be 1 / width in scene units for x and 1/height of scene units for y . But it seems that this method doesn't work too great for bitmaps, though it will work for some procedural textures. We need to figure out some kind of surface uv thing so it will be easier for people - not to mention UI so you can just enter in a width and height for the texture to repeat instead of having to do the math
      Best regards,
      Joe Bacigalupa
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Tile and scaling

that would make me happy...

IN my pants.

It would be nice to get a pic of a tile and just say 12, 18 or 24 inches. the rotation is there already, which is nice, because it allowed me to do a diamond pattern on the floor. However, I couldn't make a brick course. That would be interesting if you could pull off a row offset or something.

Comment

Tile and scaling

Yeah - we really need it for Sketchup and Rhino. That would be lots of happy-in-pants people which is generally a good thing...well sometimes its a good thing anyway.
          Best regards,
          Joe Bacigalupa
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
          X