beta 4 demo expired today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beta 4 demo expired today?

I wanted to do some more experimenting with the evaluation version of beta 4 but it says it is expired...Any chance evaluation time will be prolongued?

Regards,
    biebel

Re: beta 4 demo expired today?

try uninstalling the beta, then reinstalling beta 4. I had the same thing with beta 3. Basically without a complete uninstall it will take the evaluation period from the previous beta. Hope that works.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Yes - try what Damien suggested. Beta 4 should have a 60 day lifespan after time of installation.
      Best regards,
      Joe Bacigalupa
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I uninstalled the beta ('add/remove hardware') and reinstalled beta 1.41.
        Problem still occurs.
        When opening SU6 it says: "unable to install an evaluation license (error 310).
        I must be doing something wrong. :-[

regards,
        biebel

Comment

Originally posted by biebel
          I uninstalled the beta ('add/remove hardware') and reinstalled beta 1.41.
          Problem still occurs.
          When opening SU6 it says: "unable to install an evaluation license (error 310).
          I must be doing something wrong. :-[

regards,
          biebel
          No I believe someone else had this problem. Do you recall how you installed Beta 4? Did you just run the installer or did you uninstall your previous version first? I'm curious if perhaps our installer is not properly uninstalling the previous license.

[edit]
          I'm working on something that should right that license problem. I'll let you know when I've completed it.
          Best regards,
          Joe Bacigalupa
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanks Joe,

The first time I installed the beta with the installer without uninstalling the previous beta version first.

Thanks for looking into this.

Regards,
            biebel

Comment

I have the same problem.

After I format my laptop, I installed sketchup6+ VrayforSketchup Beta4, then a problem occurs:"unable to install an evaluation license (error 310)." I've tried to uninstall/ reinstall it several times, but problem still occurs.

is it because I didn't install SU5+Vray before installing SU6+Vray?...is there anyway to solve this problem?

Regards,

Ming

Comment

Yes it seems 2 other people have that same 310 error. I'm away from the office for the week but I've asked my guys back there to contact Installshield to track it down. My original attempt to resolve it wasn't working for some reason. I'll keep you guys posted - sorry for the delay in response, I'm just now checking the forum out.
                Best regards,
                Joe Bacigalupa
                Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I reformatted my computer tonight, and went to install the Vray trial and i now have error 310 when i open sketchup. I try to uninstall it and install Sketchup 5 with Vray beta 3 and this still didn't work. Is there anything that i can do to try Vray beta 4 out. Was really looking forward to trying it.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisalfrey
                    I reformatted my computer tonight, and went to install the Vray trial and i now have error 310 when i open sketchup. I try to uninstall it and install Sketchup 5 with Vray beta 3 and this still didn't work. Is there anything that i can do to try Vray beta 4 out. Was really looking forward to trying it.
                    Yes - Installshield's activation service doesn't like when major changes occur on the user's machine. I'll PM you with instructions that should help you out
                    Best regards,
                    Joe Bacigalupa
                    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

When will beta 5 arrive so the people (like myself) that can't use beta 4 can play again?

Cheers,
                      biebel

Comment

Originally posted by biebel
                        When will beta 5 arrive so the people (like myself) that can't use beta 4 can play again?
                        We're shooting for a beta release by the end of this week or early next week. I'll PM you with a solution for the meantime.
                        Best regards,
                        Joe Bacigalupa
                        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

my beta 4 period ran out too. SHould I try to un-install and reinstall or just wait till beta 5 comes out?

Comment

Uninstalling and reinstalling won't work. We are in the process of figuring out exactly what is going to happen with the next beta, so unfortunately all I can say is to wait. Sorry about that, but thats all the information I can give you at the moment.
                            Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

joe you know how i got difficulties and we tried and couldnt fix it. When my laptops mainboard burnt(from electrical reasons) I had to buy a new pc and when i installed the beta it started from 40 days or something. I said what the heck, there may be a new beta release soon. I now have 11or 15 days left on my pc so i want to ask is there a new beta coming :P?

And a personal question, will the new beta be fixed on secondarybounces issue in animation? I would love to see the render of my animation with the secondary bounces on ...

thanx for the hard work
                              epinox

ps. when i was using my laptop with 1.7 centrino cpu it was menagening to render; I strongly advise desktop PC's. My AMD 5000 CPU now considerable decreased the render time according to my old laptop...
                              Onur Olguner<br />Architect<br />METU &#39;07<br />http://www.olgunerdesign.com

Comment

Working...
                              X