Animated sun for lightstudy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animated sun for lightstudy?

I tried to make a animation where the time of day changes to see how light and shadows move across the building. After a nights render it turns out the light (SketchUp sun) isn't moving at all in all the thirty frames. I used default settings for quality QMC and LC and clicked animation on. (I didnt use the fly through settings.)
    Is this a bug or do I have to make some settings for it to work?

Re: Animated sun for lightstudy?

So you are animating between two pages? I don't know what you mean by fly-through, but if you just turn animation on and you don't have pages to animate between then nothing will happen. Perhaps I am just misunderstanding though.
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Yes I have pages that I animate between. For this test I just changed the time of day so that shadows moved across the building. But all my images were identical. No moving light/shadows.
      I turned on animation in the settings and I didn't use the setting Light cache->mode->Fly through.

Is it meant to work with moving sun and animation?
      I'll do so more testing during the weekend.

Comment

If you could just email me the scene I'll take a look at it. I've done sun animations previously so it should work.
        Best regards,
        Joe Bacigalupa
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

The original scene is rather heavy so I tried again with the same settings and a simpler scene and now it works. ??? I'll have to investigate it some more...

Comment

Originally posted by Pixero
            The original scene is rather heavy so I tried again with the same settings and a simpler scene and now it works. ??? I'll have to investigate it some more...
            Ok - well if you'd like me to look at it you can upload it to ftp://ftp.asgvis.com/incoming - if you want to password protect the zip file thats fine, just email it to me so I can open it. We won't release your work to anyone.
            Best regards,
            Joe Bacigalupa
            Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
            X