yet another bunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet another bunch

Is it possible to MATCH a sketshup view (receive the same silhouette, outline of geometry) but with a physical camera?(For example I need to add RPC stuff in Piranesi-postrender mixing)
    2)Additional question: I can't understand how to control the bitmap size (relative to model) ???
    Thank you.

Re: yet another bunch

Is it possible to MATCH a sketshup view (receive the same silhouette, outline of geometry) but with a physical camera?
    Are you having problems with the field-of-view? If so make sure you have the same aspect ratio for the V-Ray output as your viewport. That can sometimes account for a mismatch.
    2)Additional question: I can't understand how to control the bitmap size (relative to model)
    It is probably going to be easier for you to just handle the bitmap placement using the SketchUp tools as you normally would. Our mapping should only be used for the simplest of mapping tasks.
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Joe, I put a bitmap (the same bitmap of "brick wall" I used for diffuse) in bump slot, and ...Nothing happens- I simply crying

Comment

Comment

To illustrate the problem:
          http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?i...100copyks5.jpg

Comment

This is most likely due to uv issues. If you are using "explicit channel 1" for your uv generator, and do not have a Sketchup bitmap applied directly to a Sketchup face - then this uv channel will not exist. Sketchup is kinda weird about its uvs....it doesn't automatically generate default surface uvs. So if there is no bitmap on it then it has no uv information. This is something we need to address by manually generating our own surface uvs.

For now you have two options. The first, and probably easier, is to apply a bitmap directly to the sketchup object you wish to use for bumping. Create a linked material to that material. Then add a bump map to that linked material. I believe that should be a workaround.
            Best regards,
            Joe Bacigalupa
            Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
            X