Sketchup sun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sketchup sun?

I haven't used Vray a lot since Beta 3. I just upgraded to RC6 and it seems that the Sketchup sun settings are not taking affect in my rendering (and they use to do so).

What's happened?

Also, in Beta 3, Gamma correction needed to be disabled for transparent glass to render properly. I imported a custom glass material I tweaked for Beta 3 into RC6 and it no longer appears transparent with or without Gamma correction turned on.

Ideas?

thanks,
    Christopher Garness

Re: Sketchup sun?

Dude, do some search in the forum.

Comment

Yeah there are some issues with the Sun/Sky stuff. And gamma correction should work out just fine now - you don't need to have it disabled anymore.
      Best regards,
      Joe Bacigalupa
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I found it Joe.

It's buried under the GI and Background maps in the Environment tab of Options. I also figured out what was inhibiting the transparency (a second surface facing the wrong direction) so that one was my fault.

I'm still having trouble understanding the complex interplay of reflection, reflection maps, refraction, refraction maps, etc, etc. Just to get a slivery gray-green glass with a subtle mirror finish seems to take hours of trial and error. So many of the textures that come with 3-d rendering packages are so generic they are of little use to architects (15 kinds of plastic, etc).

What would be great is to find a full set of high quality architectural textures that could be purchased separately and imported directly into Vray for Sketchup. (something with 3 or 4 finishes of concrete, 10 or so samples of architectural glazing, a dozen types of stone, and lots of brick patterns, 5 or 6 types fo wood flooring, etc) Does anybody know of such a product?

Comment

Nothing like that is available at this time. But when we get our vismat converter going we will have a larger group of materials to share with our users.
          Best regards,
          Joe Bacigalupa
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
          X