Registry Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registry Error

During several different operations while using the sketchup plugin I get the following error. Can't set value 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Google\Google SketchUp 6\VRayForSketchUp' (error 5: access is denied), or Can't open registry key 'HKLM...

I'm not sure what is causing the errors. I work for an architecture firm with a network license for sketchUp, perhaps that has something to do with it. The I.T. guy also said that we are using a network registry...I didn't even know that was possible? The only other thing I can think of is that I know my login on this computer has limited permissions... I'm not an administrator.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Registry Error

hmm interesting - I'll have to do some research on network registry. We use the registry to write out some information that isn't file-specific. We write out the sizes of the texture/material/options editors as well as any DR information, as well as the folder where VfS resides so it can load any resources it needs. Does V-Ray render properly for you?
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

i was able to instal in succesfuly. when i run sketch-up, an error dialogue box appears.
      i fixed this by moving the .so file to the vrayplugin folder, then the error was gone..
      but. no there was toolbar or whatsoever sign of VRAy's existence as a plug-in in my sketch up. can anyone help me with this? thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by ghetttotempo
        i was able to instal in succesfuly. when i run sketch-up, an error dialogue box appears.
        i fixed this by moving the .so file to the vrayplugin folder, then the error was gone..
        but. no there was toolbar or whatsoever sign of VRAy's existence as a plug-in in my sketch up. can anyone help me with this? thanks guys.
        the error dialog went away because you stopped our plugin from loading ( since it is no longer where it originally was ). Generally these registry errors indicate that the installation process didn't complete properly. Try uninstalling our product and then reinstalling it - make sure you have administrative privileges when you are running the installer.
        Best regards,
        Joe Bacigalupa
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

It's because you have to have admin permissions to install AND run the plugin.

I am hoping that this gets fixed soon, as this poses a major problem for a lot of companies.

Comment

We are planning to resolve this in our upcoming service release. We need to switch the way we operate to be Vista compatible anyway. Instead of doing things in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, as we do currently, we will be doing things in user-specific registry keys. I'm sorry for any troubles this issue has caused you - but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
            Best regards,
            Joe Bacigalupa
            Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by Joe B
              We are planning to resolve this in our upcoming service release. We need to switch the way we operate to be Vista compatible anyway. Instead of doing things in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, as we do currently, we will be doing things in user-specific registry keys. I'm sorry for any troubles this issue has caused you - but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
              when will the vista compatible vray for su6 be released? thanks

Comment

For the service release in the early fall.
                Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

This post is too old (one year ago) but it was the only one that i found in reference to this problem, and today I had the same with the users of the domain where I work. As an admin I did not have any problem, but the other users with fewer privileges meet incapacitated of using several options of the plugin.

I solve it adding privileges to the value "Google" in regedit.exe for the users of the domain. (Its work in windows xp)

Comment

Working...
                  X