Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to do a sequence render in VFSU?

dear friends,

well as all of us know, when we are rendering for final result, rendering will consume a lot of time.. the problem is, how if we have several view to render, n all we have to do just to do a one click render icon? so we dont have to wait for each image to complete, just to click the render icon...

many thanks

regards,
    VD

Re: how to do a sequence render in VFSU?

if there's already a topic like this, im sorry, but please refer me to the link..

thanks,
    VD

Comment

We have a batch render plugin for Rhino, but I don't think we've ported this to sketch up yet. I will add this to the wish list if its not already there.
      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

hi dalomar,

thanks, wow.. that feature will be very expected..

rgds,
        VD

Comment

Just set up a page in SU for each view you want to render (make sure you add an extra dummy page at the end to workaround a VfSU bug), with 1 second transition. Then open VfSU's Render Option Menu and under "Output" tick the "Save file" box and choose a destination folder for your rendered images. Tick the Animation "On" box and set a Custom framerate of 1.

Now when you click the render button it will batch render all your SU pages one by one without any need for input from you. I use this all the time- I can render off 10-15 good quality interior daylit 1400x800 renders overnight on one PC this way.

Note however that VfSU will not recognise hidden and unhidden (including layers) geometry between rendered pages- it will just render whatever geometry is visible in the first page of the batch.

Comment

Thanks Danger..
            Sorry coz this late reply..
            Im not try your trick yet.. i'll try it soon.
            But i think this trick will help alot of VFS user.. Thanks ;D

Rgds,
            VD

Comment

Hi Danger, i already try your trick, n its work perfectly.. thanks a bunch bro..

Regards,
              VD

Comment

Vidy,

Glad I could help- it's so rewarding when you get a skp model, vismats and visopt all set up perfectly and you can leave it overnight and wake up to a handful of views of your hard work!

Comment

Hi All

I tried this method and it is a good workaround. However, one other problem I have encountered (apart from having to add a an addtional dummy page) is that billboard people in Sketchup do not orientate themselves to camera for the additional pages!

I'm hoping this will be fixed when there is be a dedicated batch render plugin in the next release.

cheers

Comment

I also use another way (maybe not the best one but it works) to render multiple pictures overnight.

I copy my sketchup model file for the number of views I want to render. Then I open each set the view and other settings (auto-save) and start the render. They will all render at the same time but more slowly (there is also the "low thread priority" that I check sometimes but don't really know if it is better or not).

Comment

Working...
                    X