Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make the graphics more vivid and sharp??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make the graphics more vivid and sharp??

Im a newbie here, I saw some of the samples quality from the gallery section looks more sharp, clear and vivid... However, the one that I did looks abit blur.. I know using PS could improve the quality.. but just wondering how to enhance the quality before bringing to PS for a touch up.??

Re: How to make the graphics more vivid and sharp??

man i like it how it is ..

Comment

thanks thanks~ but don't U think it looks abit blurry and the color seems to be abit dull as well?... Im just hoping to make it more smoother than the current pic~ :'( :'( but I have no idea how to do the setting...

Comment

To sharpen it you could try the Catmull Rom antialiasing filter.
        Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Also, as the colours are pink and beige and with only indirect lighting, it would seem inevitable that there will not be a much contrast in the room.
          If you want it sharper, my suggestion is up the lighting levels and also maybe sharpen the image in PS.

David
          Sketchup 2015
          Vray version 2.00
          www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

I can't see any reflections. Try making the floor and wall materials slightly reflective.

Also there is a lack of specular highlights. In 3d everything is razor sharp. In reality almost every edge is slightly rounded. This makes the edges shine a little and it can really help a image like this.

You should also try to add some small objects that makes it look like a real bathroom. Things like shampoo bottles, perfume bottles, towels, carpet, toothbrush and so on.
            Don't place them evenly spaced and in straight lines. Reality is never perfect. The amount is up to you depending on what look you're after.

To make it sharper I recommend using Unsharp mask in Photoshop.
            I always save the images as .exr to be able to adjust exposure and gamma in photoshop. Works great.

Comment

Thanks guyz,

yeh, unfortunately I can't make it too glossy for the wall and floor coz the client doesnt want it to be too glossy and the "real" material suppose to be in matt style. "Lighting" issue would seem to be the hardest issue coz a slight exposure will make the whole interior "white" and it will start to lose the texture of everything as U can tell all the materials are almost to white due to the weak texture.

I have forgotten the original setting from the previous render, but currently Im using "gi_irmap_lc_medium.visopt" provided by someone in this forum, all I did is increased the HSph and Samples for irradiance map from 50/50 to 100/40. and setting the anti filter from "area" to "catmull Rom" BEFORE AND AFTER effects are below:

BEFORE

AFTER

IMPROVEMENT:
              The graphics looks sharper, I think due to the Catmull Rom effect

but the color still look pretty dull~~ is it because of the low resolution material??? I didn't use any bum effect for the tiles but I think that's not the issue at the moment. yeh, I know I should put some specular objects but the client wants it to be clean.

The other issue would be the silver socket black spot is missing????

I know everything will be perfect after PS.. but I think it would be great to make the best quality through Vray.

by the way, this is the material I apply in my sketchup... crappy resolution I reckon?

Comment

I think the low pixel effect maybe due to the poor shadow???... is that possible to make the shadow quality to be more opaque??... coz it just so pixelize at the moment..... :'( :'(

Comment

Working...
                X