faces sometimes render, sometimes do not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• faces sometimes render, sometimes do not

I have a problem in that textured faces stop rendering, the more texturing I do on the models. Obviously there is a memory issue. I need to render all the models of the buildings together so what is the best way forward with this?

Re: faces sometimes render, sometimes do not

Personally I would strip the model down, purge materials and layers... I would look at the size of the JPEGS that the textures are linking to and try and reduce these..
    then I would copy the file multiple times....upon doing this

I would then apply only the textures for one building at a time... So block A or 1 fully textured... the rest of the model stripped out white.

next block B or 2 etc.....a bit of PS work needed, but if anything like the last machine crunching render i did with swathes of grass, textures, people internal typologies and activities rendered then the best way is to plan, what will you see..... what bits need to be modelled together on that view which can be sacrificed and PS'd in.... may seem like hard work but planning now may save you alot of work with trying to make a file render, that actually may never due to the machine restrictions.....

see this post

http://asgvis.com/index.php?option=c...0&topic=3429.0

maybe you recognise the windows fault message..

hope you get it sorted.....also if it stops mid render it maybe you could try rendering to the hard drive click VRimage in output and save to file....I believe this free's up memory as the info is taken to the hard disk and not stored in a cache.... I think...

M

Comment

Re: faces sometimes render, sometimes do not

Blocks and components actually have a little trouble getting rendered, so if you explode those that will probably help the geometry/textures/materials from disappearing.
      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
      X