Light not showing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light not showing up

I followed the setup in the manual, but for some reason my lights (both rectangular and omni) don't show up as lights when I render. They look more like gray planes than lights. Do I need to assign emissive materials to them? Help please!!

Re: Light not showing up

quick test for rectangular plane light, right click on it and then in settings click double sided, see if the render works now, if so make one sided and spin the plane through 180 degrees

....following this it may be the render setting you are choosing....for example the sun will be brighter then a bulb so would you ever see then light from the bulb if rendering.... try loading a setting like IR--medium from the presets...see if you see any light from there.....

also bump up its multiplier.... I have found though Omni lights are really stronger and if in a building only need to be 0.5 however outside as a light source.. I am unsure.

Hope this helps

M

Comment

If you've active physical camera the lights (omni,emissive,ecc..) must be whit very high intensity (min 5000/6000)

Comment

micvan got it...99% of the time its a physical camera issue.
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
        X