Help in using Vray materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in using Vray materials

I am very new in using vray render. I have a few vray materials downloaded. How do you actuall apply these materials to a component, let's say a wall? Can anyone help me please?

Yours truly,
    Andy

Re: Help in using Vray materials

The instructions are in the VfSU manual, which you can download on this site. The easiest way is to select the component, right click, go to "Vray for Sketchup" --> Apply Material. You can then select the material from a list. The material doesn't show in Sketchup (unless it's a linked material) but rest assured that it's been applied. ;D

Comment

I'm also doing first steps with these materials. So the object must be put to component before material shows up? I added grass material to component and during rendering there is nothing! Just blank view. Please help.

Comment

In the latest version of our software, all materials are "linked materials". Each SketchUp material has an equivalent V-Ray material. So if you apply materials like you normally would in SketchUp, the resulting render in V-Ray should display the applied materials. In our old 1.0 version, you had to create "linked materials", and it was quite messy. Please make sure you download V-Ray for SketchUp SR1 from our site, as well as the latest version of our manual.
        Best regards,
        Devin Kendig
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
        X