Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

default reflection and refraction HELP!!!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• default reflection and refraction HELP!!!!??

i love V-ray, but i have to say the thing that bugs me the most about it that it sometimes applies reflection and refraction to normal texture materials... i know that vray automatically adds the reflection layer to materials that are not linked that have some transparency in them, but to normal textures??? its really slowing me down i have people collections that are quite high polly and there are alot of them in the scene and im spending the better part of the day linking them to remove the reflection and refraction layer vray is applying to them by default, otherwise i just wouldnt link them...

i understand that this wouldnt be an issue with the service release but after "hearing" all this bad feedback on it im weary of installing it...

is there a particular file size, or format that the materials need to be in for them not to get this default reflection and refraction layer, i ask because, sometimes textures come through without these layers??????????????

Re: default reflection and refraction HELP!!!!??

Did you find a solution for this? I just ran into this with quite a detailed Revit model.
    Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

yeap this is what happen to my reflected asian lady. indeed its frustrating sometime. but it really end up in removing them manually. a cause of when using other applications in producing those models.
      http://www.nomeradona.blogspot.com/
      http://www.sketchupvrayresources.blogspot.com/
      http://www.nomeradonaart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Guys! Bite the bullet - upgrade to SR1. Sure, there are new bugs to look forward to, but at least the old ones are fixed. Honestly, after the first model you will wonder why you didn't change sooner.

David
        Sketchup 2015
        Vray version 2.00
        www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

I still can't. I'm suffering from the Parameter bug. I'm using it at home, testing it and I really like it. But I can't upgrade at my office yet.
          Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Originally posted by thomthom
            I still can't. I'm suffering from the Parameter bug. I'm using it at home, testing it and I really like it. But I can't upgrade at my office yet.
            You were the one that found what we currently think is causing it...the Color Picker. Are you still getting that error even with the color picker set to Color Wheel? If you want to use a different color picker, you can change to which ever one you want, pick your color, then IMMEDIATELY switch back to Color Wheel. Does this not work for you?
            Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Originally posted by dalomar
              Originally posted by thomthom
              You were the one that found what we currently think is causing it...the Color Picker. Are you still getting that error even with the color picker set to Color Wheel? If you want to use a different color picker, you can change to which ever one you want, pick your color, then IMMEDIATELY switch back to Color Wheel. Does this not work for you?
              Hmm, that does appear to work. But I know I'll forget it at some point and trigger the bug again. I don't want to risk it with my work project.

Comment

And I'm also holding off a bit due to the VCB issue where it can't be used after some operations. It's a feature I use very often and would disrupt my workflow too much. So for the time being I'm keeping the office computer at the original version and just wait for a later release to address it.

Comment

Working...
                X