Exporting higher Resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting higher Resolution

Any one know if there is a way to export/render images out of VRay at a higher resolution then the standard 72 it always opens up as in Photoshop?

Re: Exporting higher Resolution

There isn't, but essentially it doesn't matter. Resolution is only an issue when your printing. Up until that point, its just pixels. So if do a rendering at 800x600 then @ 72 dpi its going to be 11.1"x8.3" but if I print that same image at 300 dpi then its going to be 2.6" x 2". There's no difference in the image because its still 800x600, its just printed out with a higher density at a smaller size.

Essentially, you should be rendering out of V-Ray at the number of pixels that are needed. As long as you have the correct number of pixels its a 2 sec change in PS. And one that barely matters if your using a layout software to put stuff together.

Did that answer your question or am I missing your point?
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Hi dalomar,

Ermm..i just thinking of something..is there anyway for VFSU to exporting the image as TIFF? i've seen my friend that's using a Max, the can adjust the dpi value. Is it good for VFSU? or there's no diff?

Regards,
      Aizen
      &quot;We provide three types of service: Quick, Cheap &amp; Good. You may select any two.<br />If it&#39;s Quick and Cheap, it won&#39;t be Good;<br />If it&#39;s Cheap and Good, it won&#39;t be Quick;<br />And if it&#39;s Good and Quick, it certainly won&#39;t be Cheap!&quot;

Comment

hi, I personally when open the renderd picture in photoshop encrease the resolutio to around 200, then when I want to print it, I will have a picture with acceptable quality.and also you can after encreasing resolution make a save as in tiff format.

Comment

Originally posted by fatemeh
          hi, I personally when open the renderd picture in photoshop encrease the resolutio to around 200, then when I want to print it, I will have a picture with acceptable quality.and also you can after encreasing resolution make a save as in tiff format.
          You will not get the same quality from enlarging an image in PhotoShop as oppose to render a large resolution render in V-Ray. PhotoShop doesn't have the information V-Ray and can only interpolate pixels, making for a very blurry image. With bitmap images there is no point of sizing up an image.
          And the format the image is save in doesn't matter either. Tiff doesn't offer anything special. You can just as well use a PNG or BMP or TGA or anything else. Though I prefer to avoid JPEG and other formats which destructively compresses the data.
          Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

As I said before...pixels are pixels...the right way to do it is to know how big you need your image and what the dpi you need to print at...then you can find the actual number of pixels you need.

As far as formats, its important to know the advantages of one as opposed to the other. The two main concepts are bit depth and compression. Bit depth is important because that will dictate how accurately (and how much) information is saved. As far as compression, this is both good and bad. Good for everyday stuff, but bad for final quality.

Tiffs don't really offer any distinct advantage in either of those two areas over the formats we have available. Getting good bit depth out of a tiff is generally not a "standard" practice...there are certain "flavors" of tiff formats that will save at a higher bit depth, but they're generally not used. As far as compression it really doesn't offer too many other advantages either. There are several different compression methods that can be used in a TIFF, but neither are too effective compared to other formats.

Basically, my everyday format is PNG...its got lossless compression, so its relatively small and doesn't look like crap, its got integrated alphas, and can be opened by everything.

For finals, its either hdr or exr. Both store 32bit float data, and support multiple channels. They don't really have any compression, but you don't want that when your dealing with keeping as much information as possible.

Maybe that explains things a little more, maybe it doesn't. You guys have been asking for tiffs, so we'll think about it. We feel that we have formats that offer advantages over tiffs, but we'll take a look
            Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
            X