glass reflecting blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glass reflecting blue

hi... why does glass reflect the objects as if they were blue.... i use clear glass vray material.... sometimes it does this and some times it doesn´t.... why is this?? by the door on the right side you can see what i mean... :

Re: glass reflecting blue

if you look closely same thing happend here on the looping stairs..... look at the reflection in the window.... the stairs apear blue... :-\

Comment

i think this is because your faces are reversed. try reversing them

Comment

mhhm that could be it.... but this happens even if i have texture and material from vray aplyed on it? ..... what if i want to render inside? would i have to flip the sides again?

tanx for the advice, ill try it out

Comment

Did anyone find an answer to this ?

I am currently trying to render a shopping mall interior which has a curved balustrade so you actually see both sides of the glass - hence I cannot just flip the surfaces. Glass material is applied to the component that makes up the balustrade and to BOTH sides of each face within, yet I still get blue from the reverse face :'(

Andy

Comment

I have tried applying a glass material to one sides of a single surface and the reverse side renders blue, but when you apply the material again, this time to the reverse side renders ok.
            Or you give the material thickness and then apply the glass material to it - should render ok.

(Take care with the vismat you are using, some glass vismats are meant for using on a single plane (and thus are double sided) whilst others are meant for glass which has a thickness - you need to read the notes which come with the vismat.

David
            Sketchup 2015
            Vray version 2.00
            www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

Notes with vismats ;D now that would be helpful.

I gave the glass a thickness and it rendered fine so must be the actual material properties.

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Notes with vismats now that would be helpful.
                yeh - check out the downloads section - the vismats have notes!
                Sketchup 2015
                Vray version 2.00
                www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

I think he's referring to actual notes inside of vismats, which I agree would be pretty useful.
                  Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
                  X