Using alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using alpha

Is true, that it is not possible to use images that have a alpha in it to render trees ?

One have to setup a map for the aplha channel in the VRay material ?

I would like a have a library of trees that I can import as 2d components - how do I create this the best way ?

Thanks

Re: Using alpha

Yes, you are correct, but it is easy to create the clipmaps see http://asgvis.com/index.php?option=c...20669#msg20669
    (here I used the emissive layer, but most of the time you would use the diffuse layer - and its associated transparency)
    so all you need is your image and a seperate alpha map for each one

David
    Sketchup 2015
    Vray version 2.00
    www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

Does the VRay material stay in the saved component ? or do I have to apply it everytime I import the component ?

How about the path the alpha-channel ? does it work if I move the component to an other computer ?

I have tried to create a tree component, with a aplha-channel added. But it does'nt seem to work. If I try to open the component again, I get a bugsplash

Thanks
      Jorgensen

Comment

Jorgensen
        I tried this out and I can't find a way to save the alpha channel with the component either.
        I usually set these up on a project basis, so I haven't hit the problem before.
        Maybe it is something the team might like to look at.

David
        Sketchup 2015
        Vray version 2.00
        www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

Jorgensen- We posted an updated version of our SR1 yesterday that has a fix for a textured material related crash. Please make sure that you update your version, to ensure that the crash you're experiencing isn't related to this issue.
          Best regards,
          Devin Kendig
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanks - I'll try that.

Comment

Working...
            X