Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Physical Camera

HI there

I would just like to know if it is possible to render out an image with lights when using the physical camera? and how? If anyone can tell me i would be most greatful.

Re: Vray Physical Camera

hey a fellow south african ...

physical camera (in the first vray release) needs the lights (point lights, rectangle lights and HDRI) to be set much higher in order to be picked up ie: 50 000 as oppossed to the default camera which will read at 10 or 30 or whatever... its because the physical camera is made for the vray sun which is bright and the camera couteracts

this has been fixed in the RC i believe...

Comment

Yes, in SR1 the vray light settings have been changed and there are now more options for setting the light output. I found it usefull to read http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150SP1/light_params.htm
      and note that if you use 'watts' then "A typical 100W light bulb only emits between 2 and 3 watts as visible light"

David
      Sketchup 2015
      Vray version 2.00
      www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Guys

I will try it out and let you know

Comment

What i'm trying to achieve is to create a scene that is bringing in natural light (Sun Light) and un-natural light (Down Lighters). IE sunlight coming in thru the windows as well as having down lighters in a room. Do you guys have any suggestions for render settings?

Comment

Working...
          X