A litlle problem making it more real.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A litlle problem making it more real.

Hi im fairly new at using vray and sketchup, im having a little problem with the materials. AS i import materials which are .vismat, i upload the bitmap also, when i click the update view it shows the material as i like with texture etc, but when i render the image it doesnt look like it shows up in the update view "ball" it is just the plain color, well if somebody could help me modify theese materials it would rather helpfull, and also when using the sun, doest it act like in sketchup? i mean the positon and everything, well thnx ill upload a picture so you can understand what i mean thanks again.

heres the link thanx
    http://img118.imageshack.us/my.php?image=z3hq0.jpg

Re: A litlle problem making it more real.

it sounds like an issue similar to this one

http://asgvis.com/index.php?option=c...0&topic=4344.0

Best regards,
    Devin Kendig
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

dont wanna be negative but your response didnĀ“t help at all cause i dont know what he means with the bucket and the su materials! if somebody could give a better response it would be much better thnx

Comment

I'm sorry that link wasn't helpful, but I believe that it is the same issue. Your texture maps are just repeating or tiling so many times that you can't even see the image. If you go over to your grass for example, and get really really close to it with your camera, you should see the image being repeated many many times, and it will probably look very tiny.

It's sort of like how if you look at a field of grass from a distance in real life, it looks like a solid green color, because your eyes can't see each tiny blade of grass being repeated thousands upon thousands of times. If you made those blades of grass repeat less times, and increased the scale of the blades of grass, it would be much easier to make out the individual blades of grass, and it would not appear to be a solid green color.

So what you need to do, is change the scale of the materials being used in the scene. This is done in the SketchUp material editor.

Try increasing this value.
        Best regards,
        Devin Kendig
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

i understand the concept now! thanks but the matter at question si relies. i mean why do i need to change the materials SU? are they linked to the one in vray, cause what i do is just make vray materials and with rick click assign the materials to the diferent surfaces. Should i do that and create new materials in Su with the textures form the vray materials? and change there the scale? or what? well thanks!

Comment

At this point, assuming that you're working with the new version, it doesn't really matter exactly where you work on your materials since they communicate back and forth with each other. The main advantage to working with the SU material editor is a more direct way of adjusting the scale of your textures. Beyond that everything that you can do in the SU editor, you should be able to do in the V-Ray editor. You can apply with our editor, but its probably a little easier to use the paint bucket.
            Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

aja! i did not know that i asumed i had to work only with the vray materilas thanks alot for the info ill post later on to show how my work progressed because of your help!

Comment

Is there a prefered image format for creating sufaces with images mapped to them? Is there a maximum size of picture/image that can be used (in pixels)?

Thanks,
                Dan

Comment

Working...
                X