Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray sun height?

Hi,
    Is it possible in sketchup vray sun&sky to set the height( z ) value of the sun I've tried to changed a photon emit distance from default 150 to 6000 without any results? if you can help ?
    cheers
    kris

Re: vray sun height?

What exactly are you looking to do?? Right now, since there is no direct placement of the sun the caustic stuff (photon emitter distance being one of those) will not actually come into play at all.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

I think he is talking about this:

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R...raysun_sky.htm

I also tried to use those settings (even to emulate the effect, to make something similar) with no success. I would like to control the sun color light with more precision too.

Comment

Okay then, I'll explain a little bit more about the sun sky system because even that example is a little misleading.

The Sun/Sky system is a model that is based on research of how the sun and sky reacts based on a series of parameters and conditions. The main one of these conditions is the angle at which the sun is entering the atmosphere. This angle would basically relate to the specific time of day, with early morning and late evening having a very small angle (when measured from the horizontal) and the mid day having a very large angle. The example of the Z height is simply a means of showing that the sun/sky will change its appearance based on the how the angle changes as the sun location is raised in relation to the target. In SketchUp all you would have to do is to change the time of day in order to recreate those different effects.

Hopefully that clears things up a bit.

Comment

Thanks for all your explanation I really was talking about this link and all those settings and now it's everything clear at this subject,
          cheers
          Kris

Comment

but how about if i have the sun placed the way it gives me the shadow i want, but the color is not good (too yellow) :-\. what can i do in this situation?
            Juan Carlos

Comment

There are two parameters for the sun that will adjust the color (besides the actual time of day); Turbidty and Ozone. Turbidity is probably the more affective one, and it essentially an adjustment of how hazy the sky is. The more turbidity, the more yellow or orangeish the sky will appear. The less turbidity, the more blue it appears. Ozone is an adjustment of the actual color of the sunlight itself. This goes from slightly yellowish at 0 to slightly bluish at 1. Try adjusting those two and you should be able to adjust to what your looking for.

As far as where the sun is, your shadows in SU are your preview.

Comment

thanks dalomar ;D
                Juan Carlos

Comment

I'm using some pre determined settings made by Yali (exterior architectural rendering) and a few others that posted their settings in the 'my files' section. For some reason I am unable to modify the angle of the sun no matter what I do. How do I do this? Modifying the sketchup sun does not work...

Comment

Working...
                  X