scene loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scene loading

I just downloaded the newest release of vray for su. I'm finding that the time it takes to load a SU model of about 12mb to be just huge. 30-45 minutes just to load the scene. I was running the previous vray version and never had this problem on models double the size. any thoughts?

Re: scene loading

Ouch !
    Some of my Su files are over 100 MB...

Comment

gaganraj

I would check your model. I am loading 70Mb models in just a few seconds, so I suggest that there is underlying problem.

David
      Sketchup 2015
      Vray version 2.00
      www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

Thanks.

I think the problem is that I've imported objs made in lightwave. but that is the only thing i can think of. Any suggestions as to problems that maybe occuring? edit: i also tried it on a friends machine with vray 1.00 for SU and it worked fine. sooo....this is just weird!

this sight is great btw.

r

Comment

There are some checks and setup things that happen when loading older scenes. The main one being setting up the connections between SU materials and V-Ray materials, since that connection was not there before. Depending on the number and "extent" of the materials you have, this may be a significant task.

If you've saved the file in the new version and still have the problem when reloading it, then there's might be a more significant issue.
          Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

thanks dalomar.

There are no materials in the scene other than two colors, one yellow the other grey. It was created with the newer version already installed. The scene either won't load or takes 40+ minutes to load. I uninstalled and reinstalled the SR1 and still same thing. Uninstalled and installed vray 1.00 and the sence rendered flawlessly in only a few minutes. Not sure what is going on. From the sounds of it other people aren't experiencing this problem. any thoughts?

Comment

Well, I doubt its anything that you're doing wrong, and even though it doesn't look like anybody else is having the same issue, we still need to take a look at it on our end. If you could fill out a support ticket, that would be very helpful to us.

http://asgvis.com/index.php?option=c...d=4&Itemid=142
              Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

will do

edit: Sent

Comment

2048x1536 best quality im rendering it for 8 to 12 hours to produce best scene ..for viewing lights i just use 800x600 whew sketchup+vray is so addictive
                  sketchup6.4.112<br />vray

Comment

Working...
                  X