Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob here in vray, need your help guru's

rendering guru's,

im rendering an interior and using huge glasses.. what i want is, i want to see the environment outside the window. the problem is how can i put my pictured environment? by the away I've read about billboards, is that the solution? if that so, i need can anybody share the tutorial to me. please. im an avid reader of the forum here, but i cant find any tutorial on how to do it or i've just skipped it... need your help badly.. and thanks for helping

Re: noob here in vray, need your help guru's

I can give you my two (although limited) cents.

1. I would select an appropriate photo or take your own that fits the horizon line, scale, time of day you would like to use.

2. render the scene with whatever degree of reflection you would like in the window.

3 Save as a png. The png. format will only save the reflection data of the window - the clear sections of the window will simply be transparent.

4 Bring the png file into photoshop and place your BG photo on a layer behind your render - you BG will be visible thru the window and the reflections will be on the layer above.

5. Use the curves tool (or color balance) to fine tune the color/value of your render and your photo to bring them into the same space.

Comment

Originally posted by gaganraj
      I can give you my two (although limited) cents.

1. I would select an appropriate photo or take your own that fits the horizon line, scale, time of day you would like to use.

2. render the scene with whatever degree of reflection you would like in the window.

3 Save as a png. The png. format will only save the reflection data of the window - the clear sections of the window will simply be transparent.

4 Bring the png file into photoshop and place your BG photo on a layer behind your render - you BG will be visible thru the window and the reflections will be on the layer above.

5. Use the curves tool (or color balance) to fine tune the color/value of your render and your photo to bring them into the same space.
      question regarding on # 1 sir.. where will i put the photo sir? and how? so sorry for asking too many questions, im still just a student, and wanna learn a lot on this software.. tnx again

Comment

regarding the photo: in the technique i've told you - the photo will not be used in Vray. You will bring it into photoshop, and lay your vray output on a layer above the picture of your exterior environment.

if you are unfamiliar with photoshop search the forums some more. You can place the image in your 'environement' tab and turn up the multiplier. I've never had any success with this method, but i'm sure others have.

good luck

Comment

Working...
        X