Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32 bit or 64 bit???

Hi all

I was wondering whats the difference between a 32 bit or a 64 bit machine??? in v-ray's behavior. Also how do i know wich one do i have??

thx
    Juan Carlos

Re: 32 bit or 64 bit???

I'm not sure what you mean by V-Ray's behavior...the only real reason for 64 bit computing is to handle more information, so V-ray will have more memory available to it, but nothing UI/workflow wise would really change.

At this point, its some what of a mute point, since we would need a 64 bit version of SU in order for VfSU to run as a 64 bit program.

So as to which one you have...you have 32 bit.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Re: 32 bit or 64 bit???

I was asking this because because i`ve been experiencing a problem with an ///intel quad core, geforce 5500 and 4gig of RAM///. It`s a good machine but it crashes with an 18mb file. I can not render it.

But that's not everything. Yesterday I was trying to render a simple test of grass displacement. Just two blocks of grass, but the texture was about of 10mb... and it also crushed :-\

Why is happpening???

P.S.: I though it could be (the issue) related to the 32 or 64 bit machine theme (i`ve seen that theme a few times in these forum) so thats why i was asking...
      Juan Carlos

Comment

Working...
      X